Professional Web Applications Themes

Illustrator CS Zoom keyboard shortcut not functioning - Adobe Illustrator Windows

I am having a major issue with Adobe Illustrator CS in that when I hit CTRL+ to zoom the image does not zoom. It does nothing. BUT when I hit CTRL- the images zooms out. What is the solution besides waiting for the first patch? Thanks in advance. TM...

  1. #1

    Default Illustrator CS Zoom keyboard shortcut not functioning

    Todd_Matzke@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Todd,
    >>What is the solution besides waiting for the first patch?<<
    Well as it works OK for the rest of the world, you might have a long, long
    time to wait for that patch! <g>

    Have you tried deleting the prefs file? Details in the FAQ at the top of
    this forum's Topic List

    LenHewitt@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Todd,

    Are you using the + on the numeric keypad? When using version 10, I got accustomed to using the numeric + and - that way, but in CS, I had the same problem you're seeing...the numeric keypad - works, but the + doesn't, (by default).

    I may not represent the "rest of the world," (<g>Len), but if this is the same problem you're seeing, you're not alone.

    In any event, you can get it back the way you like it. Choose Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts...
    John Mensinger Guest

  4. #4

    Thanks John, After performing a Google search on this subject it seems I am not the only one with this issue. For some reason, even going to the keyboard shortcut dialog box does not solve this issue.

    I am using the + on the numeric keypad as I have with previous versions of Adobe Illustrator. As I mentioned, the Zoom out works as it should (CTRL-)

    I found the answer to the issue by John's suggestion. In previous versions of Illustrator by default, Zoom in was CTRL+ in CS the shortcut is CTRL= I changed it to CTRL+ where is should be and I am back in business. Thanks for the help John.
    Todd_Matzke@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    I've found that Selecting the object, then Control - will work with numeric keyboard, but the Control + won't. But Z then click will, then just z again to toggle off.

    Bob
    BobHill@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Todd,
    >>I am using the + on the numeric keypad <<
    Ah! CTRL+'+' works fine from the 'top row' rather than the numeric pad

    LenHewitt@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    which would be CTRL+ "=" if you don't need to shift to make it work.
    Which is something to know for those of us who program our wacoms to
    keyboard shortcuts.

    Steve E.

    On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:15:03 -0700, [email]LenHewittadobeforums.com[/email] wrote:
    >Todd,
    >
    >>>I am using the + on the numeric keypad <<
    >
    >Ah! CTRL+'+' works fine from the 'top row' rather than the numeric pad

    Steven E. Eyrse Guest

  9. #9

    And the Z key with your object selected will automatically give you the + zoom. So just keep left clicking to zoom in more then to zoom out, just ALT and click, Release ALT and you're back to Plus Zoom. Release zoom temporarily to Select is CONTROL click. Release and it's back to zoom. I find that easier than the Control + and - keys. But you do have to reclick a tool to fully release zoom this way.

  10. #10

    Thanks Bob, some great tips!
    Todd_Matzke@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11