Professional Web Applications Themes

illustrator icon problem - Adobe Illustrator Windows

My computer has never known another version of Illustrator. Illustrator was installed from the Creative Suide Pro disks....

  1. #21

    Default Re: illustrator icon problem

    Scott_Falkner@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #22

    dont know Scott whats Creative Suide Pro disks.
    Umar_Sohail@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #23

    dont know Scott whats Creative Suide Pro disks.

    Those are the little round silvery things that are in the box when you buy the Adobe Creative Suite, provided you're a lousy typist.
    Scott_Falkner@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #24

    Is really hard to find a solution to your problem, my suggestion is to open
    the files and save as... a new version of the file, BUT with the
    compatibility of version CS in the save dialog box option. that can resolv
    the icon problem to use the version CS icon to your files.

    erickicaza@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #25

    compatibility of version CS in the save dialog box option. that can resolv
    the icon problem to use the version CS icon to your files.

    I don't follow that. Every file I save from Illustrator, including newly created ones, has a generic icon. New files are always saved via the Save As dialogue. CS compatibility is not an option when saving files in Illustrator 11, it's a fait accompli.

    Of the various save methods, I have tried with compression and without. As EPS and as AI. With PDF compatibility and without. Exported as AI 3, AI 8, and AI 0 files.

    None of these produces a file with anything but a generic Windows icon. The files open by default (via double-click) into Illustrator, so the only problem is cosmetic. But since the function of a graphic operating system (or, in this case, Windows) is to provide visual feedback and make me work more eficiently. At a glance, I should be able to see it a file is an Illustrator file, without reading the filename.
    Scott_Falkner@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #26

    Scott Falkner - 7:41am Oct 20, 05 PST (#20 of 24)
    My computer has never known another version of Illustrator. Illustrator was installed from the Creative Suide Pro disks.

    Thanks for the comment but I pasted from your posted matter “Creative Suide Pro disk”
    Maybe lousy typist goes back to you.
    Umar_Sohail@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #27

    It’s all right Erickicaza thanks for the efforts!
    I opened file and tried to save as but I didn’t find any other options you’re telling in save dialogue box . in the save as type there are options to save as ai. Eps etc.

    Now should I uninstall and reinstall ai cs? But I think windows will load the same setting as it is now.
    Umar_Sohail@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #28

    the dialog box is not the save as, is the next one where you can define the
    version compatibility, open a file, save as... maybe you have disable this
    option from preferences, i dont know if that is possible, but maybe...

    erickicaza@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #29

    Sorry Erickicaza unable to find compatibility option as you're telling. i also opened prefrences but dont know where to check if its disabled.
    Umar_Sohail@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #30

    the dialog box is not the save as, is the next one where you can define
    the version compatibility, open a file, save as... maybe you have disable
    this option from preferences, i dont know if that is possible, but maybe...

    There is no disabling this dialogue. As I said, I have saved using all possible vriations in that dialogue, as well as exporting in several older versions. Nothing has produced a file with an Illustrator AI or EPS icon. All files are always generic.

    Perhaps this has been corrected since the beta (ie Illustrator 11) shipped?
    Scott_Falkner@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #31

    Hey Scott:

    I also have the generic icon problem, but with CS2. And this occurred only on my work computer, not the home one, and both were installed from the same Creative Suite 2 disks. The icon doesn't even show on Illustrator.exe in the explorer "pick the program to open with" dialogue. I have quit trying to figure this out and use the Bridge (I don't know if CS had this). steve
    Stephen_Fish@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #32

    I think it's connected to the quantity of buttons on my mouse. Way too many here, but just the right number at home.
    Scott_Falkner@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #33

    Or, if you were not facing, head bowed, toward Microsoft headquarteres during installation.
    Stephen_Fish@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #34

    Oh I did that. Five times a day, on my special prayer-mousepad.
    Scott_Falkner@adobeforums.com Guest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12