Professional Web Applications Themes

illustrator icon problem - Adobe Illustrator Windows

Hello! I work on at institute on adobe 10 I think so a file used and openend on that version transmitted to my pc in my usb drive now I got illustrator cs but now it shows all ai files in illustrator 10 icon which is girl face I think I want to change it to the adobe cs one anyone could have solution for this. Thanks a lot!...

  1. #1

    Default illustrator icon problem

    Umar_Sohail@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: illustrator icon problem

    Umar:

    This is a Windows function. In Windows Explorer right click a file> Open With> Choose Program and select CS2 and check the Always use box. steve
    Stephen_Fish@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Same previous condition Stephen! after doing your told action
    Umar_Sohail@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    you need to change you icon from the windows explorer, go to Tools, Folder
    Options, Files Tipes, search the extension *.ai files, then clic on the
    advanced options button, change icon, button, brows to the illustrator.exe
    file, and there you will choice the icon you want.

    Good Luck

    erickicaza@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Thanks Erickicaza , same went from my eyes but i tried to find illustrator cs icon which not probably found. now i put another icon for it and thats much much better for me.
    Umar_Sohail@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    where Can i found Adobe Cs Flower icon? to use it in extension file .ai in win xp
    thanks/
    Umar_Sohail@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    It's inside Illustrator.exe file.
    Satoski Guest

  8. #8

    now i dont find *.ai when i go to tools >folder options> file types it dont show ai i add it by clicking on new but when i open again it dont show please tell me what to do. regret Erickicaza i didnt apply what you say exactly.
    Umar_Sohail@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Ok let me explain again, when you are in the types of file tab, just type ai
    in the keyboard, that take you directly to the *.ai file, if you dont have
    the ai icon in there, check your illustrator file extension in a folder that
    contain some Illi files, maybe you have changed before, once you know the
    file extension, just search in the type of file tab.

    check that and we continue from that point. maybe you can add me in your MSN
    Messenger for more directly help. com

    erickicaza@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    It's inside Illustrator.exe file.

    Not mine.

    Scott_Falkner@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Scott,

    That screen capture looks like you pointed to a Windows shortcut to illustrator.exe, not the actual executable.

    =-= Harron =-=
    Harron_K._Appleman@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    You're right. Goddam Windows doesn't even know what to do with it's own shortcut files.

    OK, so I set the icons for EPS and AI files to use the icons in the Illustrator.exe file.

    No dice. Icons are still generic.

    Using Goddamwindows 2000 and AI 11.
    Scott_Falkner@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    Thanks alot Erickicaza for the msn favour but i often not online there so i hope this forum will work for me. "now when i type "ai" to find the extension it dont show and goes directly to aia file now what to do?
    and i also checked the files they surely are ai files. but it dont show in tools>folder options>file types? whats the next step.
    Umar_Sohail@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    ok, you need to see de extension of the Illustrator files that you have in
    your doents (in example) or create a new one from Illustrator, later
    check the extension, if the extension is no showed by windows explorer, the
    go to the tab "View" from the same dialog box, there is an option "Hide the
    extension from known types of files..." uncheck to let explorer show you the
    extension, then confirm your illustrator files extension, and search those
    ones in the "types files" tab, BUT! the extension from illustrator files
    MUST be *.ai, if your files have another extension, it must be because you
    have mess around the options in the "types of files" types. be careful whit
    that.

    Do those above and tellme later what happened.

    erickicaza@adobeforums.com Guest

  15. #15

    I saw these were ai files though I created a new file and saved as example.ai then I went to
    Tools>folder option>file types and typed ai. But it didn’t show any ai though it showed aia. Then I went to view tab same dialogue box and unchecked the "Hide the extension from known types of files..." then again I checked for the file types it didn’t showed. Then personally I clicked on new in file types tag and typed ai so it shows then ai in the files with cs icon but same time I search for it again it disappears. Thanks! Waiting for the next step.
    Umar_Sohail@adobeforums.com Guest

  16. #16

    The example.ai file created show its extension? is *.ai?

    erickicaza@adobeforums.com Guest

  17. #17

    Hey,Erickicaza
    A Favorable condition now I right click ai file and in the properties I again selected open with as adobe illustrator. Then by going to file types and typing ai it exactly shows ai file. Then it also give restore option I click on it so it shows ai 10 icon with file and I goto advance tab and change icon to orignal illustrator.exe file “"D:\Program Files\Adobe\Illustrator CS\Support Files\Contents\Windows\Illustrator.exe"” and select the original icon for it but after doing al this it still as it was I posted the 1st message. i mean in my doents and my h: where ai files are saved shows previous manner
    Umar_Sohail@adobeforums.com Guest

  18. #18

    My setup:

    * Using GD Windows 2000 and Illustrator 11
    * Extensions are showing
    * AI and EPS files open by default in Illustrator
    * AI and EPS files have been asigned (manually, by me) the appropriate icon embedded in ILLUSTRATOR.EXE
    * AI and EPS files are shown using generic icons
    Scott_Falkner@adobeforums.com Guest

  19. #19

    Ok, now we are as the beging, well let me know, you have installed the
    Illustrator CS as an update from the version 10 or as a new instalation from
    cero? That can be an explain of your situation because windows don´t show an
    icon that don´t have in its registry.

    erickicaza@adobeforums.com Guest

  20. #20

    I installed illustrator cs all new. But as I told earlier I worked at institute on ai 10 and saved file so when it came to my pc in my usb from then its showing ai 10 icon.
    Umar_Sohail@adobeforums.com Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast