Professional Web Applications Themes

Image problems when linking to new page... - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Well, I'm using Dreamweaver 6.0 to do it and I'm running into a problem that perhaps someone can help me with. Here it is broken down simply and in a nutshell: Let's just say I have 3 pages so far in my website, "MAIN", "PG1", and "PG2". I have a link from MAIN to PG1 and from PG1 back to MAIN and those links work fine. My problem comes when I place an arrow graphic on PG1 and link it to PG2 so that when clicked on you proceed from PG1 to PG2. For some reason the link works but ...

  1. #1

    Default Image problems when linking to new page...

    Well, I'm using Dreamweaver 6.0 to do it and I'm running into a problem that perhaps someone can help me with. Here it is broken down simply and in a nutshell:

    Let's just say I have 3 pages so far in my website, "MAIN", "PG1", and "PG2". I have a link from MAIN to PG1 and from PG1 back to MAIN and those links work fine. My problem comes when I place an arrow graphic on PG1 and link it to PG2 so that when clicked on you proceed from PG1 to PG2. For some reason the link works but my images don't load! I've checked my file names and folder hierarchy, I've redesigned the page a bit and re-inserted elements several times to reassure myself that I've done nothing wrong, but nothing seems to be working concerning the loading of the images. Also, when tested, PG2 works on its own and seems fine. All I get when trying to proceed on to PG2 is a page that the graphics won't load on (the little X boxes of doom!) I've run a link check on the entire site and no problems come up. The links actually work, you just can't see any images.

    If anyone has any suggestions I'd would be very happy to hear them!!!! Before I PULL EVERY HAIR OUT OF MY HEAD!!!! :mad:

    Thanks!

    Smeagol71 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Image problems when linking to new page...

    "Smeagol71" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > Well, I'm using Dreamweaver 6.0 to do it and I'm running into a problem that perhaps someone can help me with. Here it is broken down simply and in a nutshell:
    >
    > Let's just say I have 3 pages so far in my website, "MAIN", "PG1", and "PG2". I have a link from MAIN to PG1 and from PG1 back to MAIN and those links work fine. My problem comes when I place an arrow graphic on PG1 and link it to PG2 so that when clicked on you proceed from PG1 to PG2. For some reason the link works but my images don't load! I've checked my file names and folder hierarchy, I've redesigned the page a bit and re-inserted elements several times to reassure myself that I've done nothing wrong, but nothing seems to be working concerning the loading of the images. Also, when tested, PG2 works on its own and seems fine. All I get when trying to proceed on to PG2 is a page that the graphics won't load on (the little X boxes of doom!) I've run a link check on the entire site and no problems come up. The links actually work, you just can't see any images.
    >
    > If anyone has any suggestions I'd would be very happy to hear them!!!! Before I PULL EVERY HAIR OUT OF MY HEAD!!!! :mad:
    >
    > Thanks!

    Likely, the link to the arrow is root relative instead of doent
    relative. Can you copy the code to the link here, or even show us a URL
    and say which link/arrow you mean?

    You can also look in the DW help files (press F1) and read about
    different link relations.

    If you think that's the problem, then open the page again, select the
    image (arrow), click Ctrl + i and when the dialog window opens, make
    sure that the little drop down menu at the bottom says "relative to
    doent".

    --
    Dan Vendel - *GOF*
    [url]http://www.vendel.info[/url]