Professional Web Applications Themes

image question - HTML & CSS

Is there a built behavior for creating a rotating slide show of images in Dreamweaver MX? I do not know flash yet but would like to simply rotate 4 images on a page. Many thanks, Dee...

  1. #1

    Default image question

    Is there a built behavior for creating a rotating slide show of images in
    Dreamweaver MX? I do not know flash yet but would like to simply rotate 4
    images on a page.

    Many thanks,
    Dee

    Dana Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: image question

    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/[/url]

    ShowPic extension.

    [url]http://www.kaosweaver.com/[/url]

    Forget the name of it....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Dana" <danaNOSPAMcooleygallery.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a built behavior for creating a rotating slide show of images in
    > Dreamweaver MX? I do not know flash yet but would like to simply rotate 4
    > images on a page.
    >
    > Many thanks,
    > Dee

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  3. #3

    Dana:

    You're welcome!

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    > Thanks very much Murray!

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  4. #4

    At the moment, i am plying with the GD functions using Jpegs and the Image
    Resample function.
    I was wondering if there is a way to add a second image over an existing
    image.

    I am working on a shopping cart system with thumbnail images and I want to
    do one of the following depending on which looks better:

    Create a "SOLD OUT" Image over the existing image
    Turn the image to a Black and White Picture
    Turn the image Black and White and cover the image with a sold out
    image/text

    Any help or suggestios would be grateful

    Craig

    Craig Keightley Guest

  5. #5

    [url]http://uk2.php.net/manual/en/function.imagecopy.php[/url]
    >Turn the image to a Black and White Picture
    If a paletted image, [url]http://uk2.php.net/manual/en/function.imagecolorset.php[/url] ,
    using a standard RGB->greyscale conversion function (different weights for each
    primary colour - search Google, the formula for the weightings is on hundreds
    of sites).

    If truecolour, you'll probably have to loop over each pixel and
    [url]http://uk2.php.net/manual/en/function.imagesetpixel.php[/url] them accordingly.
    (Depending how GD truecolour images work with regards to the allocated colours
    - not really worked with them much).
    >Turn the image Black and White and cover the image with a sold out
    >image/text
    Both above.

    --
    Andy Hassall (andyandyh.co.uk) icq(5747695) ([url]http://www.andyh.co.uk[/url])
    Space: disk usage ysis tool ([url]http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space[/url])

  6. #6

    "Craig Keightley" <craigsitedesign.net> wrote in message news:<3f72ae33$0$270$cc9e4d1fnews.dial.pipex.com> ...
    > At the moment, i am plying with the GD functions using Jpegs and the Image
    > Resample function.
    > I was wondering if there is a way to add a second image over an existing
    > image.
    >
    > I am working on a shopping cart system with thumbnail images and I want to
    > do one of the following depending on which looks better:
    >
    > Create a "SOLD OUT" Image over the existing image
    > Turn the image to a Black and White Picture
    > Turn the image Black and White and cover the image with a sold out
    > image/text
    >
    > Any help or suggestios would be grateful
    >
    > Craig

    I think you need to look at the following.

    imagecreate your new image in black and white.

    imagecopyresized your thumbnail to this image.

    imagecopyresized your 'sold out' image to a portion of your imagecreated image.

    Maybe

    TOmH
    Tom H Guest

  7. #7

    Im new to photoshop and was curious as to what it is about this pictures color that I find appealing. How was the original image manipulated to yield this effect? Thanks

    <http://www.hipvideopromo.com/images/pics/deathcab2.jpg>
    Chris_J_Boldman@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    The color saturation is reduced.

    Neil
    Neil_Keller@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    And it looks like pretty raunching lighting - for effect that is.
    JasonSmith@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    The original vid may have been shot on chrome stock and cross-processed too. That would account for a lot of what you're seeing. There seems to be a reduced tonal range both in the shadows and the highlights characteristic of that effect. Of course, that could also be mimicked in Photoshop, but I know of music videos that were shot that way.

    Keith
    povimage@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Could have been just (intentionally?) poorly lit then desaturated a bit in PS, maybe adjustment of the Levels histogram. The shot would be easy to te with an SLR digicam and then PS.
    Allen_Wicks@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    All the above replies correctly address the lighting and saturation issues in Photoshop.

    I'm at a loss to reply to your other question directly:

    I ... was curious as to what it is about this pictures color that I find
    appealing.

    Beyond poor lighting and saturation, the subjects are standing way too close to the (fake) backdrop, hence the strong shadows, especially the one cast by the head and shoulders of the man on the extreme left. The expressions on the two guys on the right are adequate for the subject matter, but the ones on the guys with the green T-shirt and red jacket, respectively, look very much like what you see in mug shots.
    Ramón_G_Castañeda@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    Ah, my error! I realize you're only saying the colors appeal to you. Never mind.
    Ramón_G_Castañeda@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    Thank you all for the replies. Im sorry about the silly question concerning what I find intersting about the picture. Rather, I should have asked what makes the colors of this pic different. Thanks again,
    Chris_J_Boldman@adobeforums.com Guest