Professional Web Applications Themes

Image Ready, and Massive issues that come from using it. - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

I have a question or a statement if you will. I love photo shop love it, and using image ready sounds like it would be perfect for making web pages, so ive been using it, However (the big however) im kinda ed.. they give you the option to make a roll over, slice things apply links, all kind of things.. this leads me to be leave that using those options would work in a real web envoronment. NOT..NOT NOT NOT If you dont know what I mean.. ill explain it. lets say you want to have a web page with ...

  1. #1

    Default Image Ready, and Massive issues that come from using it.

    I have a question or a statement if you will. I love photo shop love it, and using image ready sounds like it would be perfect for making web pages, so ive been using it, However (the big however) im kinda ed.. they give you the option to make a roll over, slice things apply links, all kind of things.. this leads me to be leave that using those options would work in a real web envoronment. NOT..NOT NOT NOT

    If you dont know what I mean.. ill explain it. lets say you want to have a web page with a simple nav maybe there are 6 links (home,links,about,Us) or in my case photography links (this is a link to show pictures, now what i have done is designed this nav with basic rollovers like a small trianlge that pops up when you roll over it ..along with about 20 little boxes that would represent small thumbnails, each of thses little boxes have a small highlighted red squard that comes up with the mouse over and a double rollover function such as a mouseclick or down that after clicked would bring up the picture that the thumbnail represents.

    after linking and setting up only 5 pictures and the 6 links with rolovers my computer can berely make it,when asked to preview in IE.

    the reason,,?? its because images ready had created a freaking html doent the size of texas,,yeah thats right i could not beleave it. there is no way that anyone would be able to load this site if i compleated all of the options that i wanted to do,, and trust me im really not asking much, flash could do it, if i take the time to write the code my self i could do it better. why on earth do they even make the option available if you cant really use them to full potential..??please somone from adobe,,tell me im doing everything wrong and that you can help me,,cause i love the setup just dont like whats happening.....

    thanks Matt
    grinderCCM@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Image ready isn't meant for making web pages, just slicing images really, and that's what it's good at. Image Ready can output html, and what it creates does work. Most people though, usually use IR to make the slices and then another program like GoLive or Dreamweaver, or notepad to do the HTML themselves.

    As you see in my example <http://www.thephotoshoplounge.com/random/tutorials/webrollovers_101.htm> here, IR exported a web page and the slice I created in it works just fine too.
    Robert_Blackwell™@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Its not that I dont know how to use the tools or make the role overs ..its that the products seems incompleat, meaning that you have to use other programs,,my point being that I can just use the other programs to begin with... I wish image ready was a stand alone web editor.. its much easier to use then go live and dreamweaver . .and has the flex ability of photoshop,,wich the others dont have.. ya know?
    grinderCCM@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Understand your frustration, but ImageReady is only designed to make images ready for the web - to complete your webpage you need to use a "proper" web editor.

    I'm in the throes of learning GoLive, and use ImageReady frequently to make image slices and basic rollovers, but still tweak the generated code in GoLive to provide consistency. ImageReady is best seen as making "bits of a webpage" which you then include into the whole thing using an editor.
    Klaas_Visser@adobeforums.com Guest