Professional Web Applications Themes

Images do not appear - Macromedia Dreamweaver

I have created a 10 page site. I have images on certain pages that dont work. If i press F12 i can see the image but then when from in that mode i go to another page and then return back the image is not there. its just a white box with that red cross. Can anyone help me. Would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Please can you mail to com Thankyou...

  1. #1

    Default Images do not appear

    I have created a 10 page site. I have images on certain pages that dont work. If i press F12 i can see the image but then when from in that mode i go to another page and then return back the image is not there. its just a white box with that red cross. Can anyone help me. Would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Please can you mail to com

    Thankyou

    DreamweaverHelpNeeded Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Images do not appear

    Dr:

    That's how it works when you have DW build a temp file to preview, and when
    you use ROOT RELATIVE links to your images.

    When DW build this temp file, it converts ROOT RELATIVE links to DOENT
    RELATIVE links so that all content appears properly. THat's the file that
    you see when you use F12. When you link away from that file, you are
    linking to a page that is saved in your site, and then when you link BACK
    you are not returning to the temp file, but rather to the saved file. If
    that saved file has ROOT RELATIVE links, the browser will now see a link
    beginning with "/" (the root of your site) and start looking in the root of
    your hard drive instead since it knows nothing about where your site begins.
    Hence, the image is broken.

    The solution would be to either always use DOENT RELATIVE links, or to
    not use temp files, or to not expect to see images when you link away and
    return. Your choice.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "DreamweaverHelpNeeded" <com> wrote in message
    work. If i press F12 i can see the image but then when from in that mode i
    go to another page and then return back the image is not there. its just a
    white box with that red cross. Can anyone help me. Would be much
    appreciated. Thanks in advance. Please can you mail to com

    Murray Guest

  3. #3

    1) have you saved your first file before back clicking your second.?
    2) is your image in the root folder, or outside dreamweaver.?
    3) what does link for the image point too?. look in properties tag at bottom of DW

    lostaussie Guest

  4. #4

    This is caused by using root-relative paths. This can be corrected by
    previewing through a web server, or using doent-relative paths. This
    can help explain more:

    Why aren't my images showing up when I preview my pages locally?
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/ts/doents/relative_in_images.htm

    -- Mike

    "DreamweaverHelpNeeded" com wrote:

    MLangner-MMTS Guest