Professional Web Applications Themes

Images form Microsoft Word - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Whenever I copy and paste a logo made in Word in to PSE 2, as 'new from clipboard', it loses all its clarity from the edges or text. I have tried saving it as .png but this does not help. Is there a way to make a clear copy of the logo as an image file in PSE please. Thanks...

  1. #1

    Default Images form Microsoft Word

    Whenever I copy and paste a logo made in Word in to PSE 2, as 'new from clipboard', it loses all its clarity from the edges or text.
    I have tried saving it as .png but this does not help.
    Is there a way to make a clear copy of the logo as an image file in PSE please.
    Thanks
    Jackie W Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Images form Microsoft Word

    Jackie,

    You're rasterizing the WORD image which pixelizes it. To do a super clear version, you need a vector imaging program such as Adobe Illustrator.

    Bob
    BobHill Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks Bob

    Out of interest how come it works alright in Publisher and Word, being dragged to resize. Yet using one of the best image editing programs on the market Adobe, it makes a right jagged mess of it.
    If you have the time you could please explain your answer a little bit more.I need to try and explain to the person who made it why I cannot make an image of it and circulate as a jpg or tiff.
    Would I be correct in saying that because the image was created in Word, no normal image editing program could make a clean job of it(Ones that average users might have; PS Elements, Serif, Picture It, Paint Shop Pro, PhotoImpact).
    If you can name another other than Illustrator it may help
    Thank you
    Jackie W Guest

  4. #4

    You are probably referring to a vector image in Word (clipart, wordart,
    etc?).

    Publisher would also treat it as vector.

    But pasted into PhotoShop, it will be translated as raster.
    Same as into any other pixel based image editor, including the ones you
    mention.

    Understand the diff between vector and raster?

    Mac
    Mac McDougald Guest

  5. #5

    Thanks Mac
    I know there is a difference but did not appreciate what that actually means in practice.

    Is that why printable logos created within Word only make the Word doent a few more kbs but if you insert file using a logo created in PSE, saved as tiff the doent becomes much larger?

    Regards
    Phil
    Jackie W Guest

  6. #6

    Basically, yeah.

    Vector images are made of shapes, raster images of pixels.
    Even where there is "nothing" in a raster image, there is the same pixel
    density to show the nothing as there the "something".

    Mac
    Mac McDougald Guest