Professional Web Applications Themes

Images in Filemaker Pro Question - FileMaker

Hey, I have filemaker pro 6 trial (got the trial until I'm sure this can be done!) and have make a database that includes images, and here is where I'm stuck... I have a microsoft excel file that I need to import that is something like this: ImageCode PictureDescription 1234 A nice picture 6253 A REALLY nice picture It is no problem to import the excel file with just the ImageCode and PictureDescription fields being used. However, on my hard disk I have a collection of images that match the image code, such as 1234.jpg and 6253.jpg that need to ...

  1. #1

    Default Images in Filemaker Pro Question

    Hey,

    I have filemaker pro 6 trial (got the trial until I'm sure this can be
    done!) and have make a database that includes images, and here is
    where I'm stuck...

    I have a microsoft excel file that I need to import that is something
    like this:

    ImageCode PictureDescription
    1234 A nice picture
    6253 A REALLY nice picture

    It is no problem to import the excel file with just the ImageCode and
    PictureDescription fields being used. However, on my hard disk I have
    a collection of images that match the image code, such as 1234.jpg and
    6253.jpg that need to be included in the record. As there is hundreds
    of records and images dragging them into container fields manually for
    each record seems rediciolous. I hope you can help! The images and
    excel file would be frequently changed.

    Thanks in advance,
    ~Nigel
    i_luv_h8@nospam.hotmail.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Images in Filemaker Pro Question

    Hi Nigel

    You should be able to do this providing that the file names of the image
    files are unique.

    Place the image files in a folder. Import the images using the Import
    command in the File menu, from a folder option. This will allow you to
    import (or reference) image, filename, filepath and thumbnail. Once you
    have done this, you can import the description from the excel file, using
    the "update matching records in current found set" option and using the
    filename as the match field.

    After the initial imports, further imports can be made using the "update
    matching records..." option with the "add remaining records" check box
    checked.

    Bridget Eley

    in article [email]e2b322af.0307201416.62c673a5posting.google.com[/email],
    [email]i_luv_h8nospam.hotmail.com[/email] at [email]i_luv_h8hotmail.com[/email] wrote on 21/7/03 8:16
    AM:
    > Hey,
    >
    > I have filemaker pro 6 trial (got the trial until I'm sure this can be
    > done!) and have make a database that includes images, and here is
    > where I'm stuck...
    >
    > I have a microsoft excel file that I need to import that is something
    > like this:
    >
    > ImageCode PictureDescription
    > 1234 A nice picture
    > 6253 A REALLY nice picture
    >
    > It is no problem to import the excel file with just the ImageCode and
    > PictureDescription fields being used. However, on my hard disk I have
    > a collection of images that match the image code, such as 1234.jpg and
    > 6253.jpg that need to be included in the record. As there is hundreds
    > of records and images dragging them into container fields manually for
    > each record seems rediciolous. I hope you can help! The images and
    > excel file would be frequently changed.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > ~Nigel
    Bridget Eley Guest

  3. #3

    Hey,

    Thanks for your responces.

    I tried this but got this error: You are attempting to import a
    container field into an incompatable field (or vice versa. This field
    will not be imported. Btw, would the file name field be a matching
    field for the image as the file names in the field do not have the
    ..tif file extension before the image number.

    Thanks
    ~Nigel

  4. #4

    this is a test answer

    --
    Design & Authoring
    [ Danda] [ D&A] | New Media Solutions | New Media Development

    Bezoek de Websites voor meer informatie:

    HOOFDSITE
    [url]http://www.danda.nl[/url]

    DATABASEPRODUCTEN
    [url]http://www.digital-software.nl[/url]
    [url]http://www.bizz-software.com[/url]

    PORTFOLIO SITE
    [url]http://www.digital-media.nl[/url]

    CONTACTINFORMATIE
    tel. +31(0)73 6446119 / b.g.g. +31(0)6 22985410
    fax +31(0)73 6415878

    Kay Belik Guest