Professional Web Applications Themes

Images printing with grey background - Adobe Indesign Macintosh

Using IDCS2 4.0.4 on a G4 10.4.8. I'm printing a file I've printed several times before without incident, I take a week off of work, come back and print it and now all the images have a grey background. To make this even weirder, I don't see the grey when the doent is open, but when my printer spits it out, the grey is there. They are all photoshop files with transparent background, using command+D to place them. I had a bunch of updates needed this morning. Could it possibly be related to that? ( I do not remember if ...

  1. #1

    Default Images printing with grey background

    Using IDCS2 4.0.4 on a G4 10.4.8.

    I'm printing a file I've printed several times before without incident, I take a week off of work, come back and print it and now all the images have a grey background. To make this even weirder, I don't see the grey when the doent is open, but when my printer spits it out, the grey is there.

    They are all photoshop files with transparent background, using command+D to place them.

    I had a bunch of updates needed this morning. Could it possibly be related to that? ( I do not remember if an update was required for ID or not, but I'm grasping at straws here after trying everything else.)

    If you can help, thank you so much.
    Steph_Nelson@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Images printing with grey background

    Check your PPD and make sure it's set to a PS and not a PCL version.
    Heather Bell Guest

  3. #3

    I did that. Now I can't open InDesign at all. I reinstalled. Still won't open.

    Now I really need help.
    Steph_Nelson@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Are all colors and images the same color model (CMYK or RGB)?

    Does that model match the transparency blend space?

    Does the print color output match that?

    What printer are you using?

    Bob
    Bob Levine Guest

  5. #5

    At least I was able to open InDesign this morning. Maybe shutting the printer off for the night helped.

    All the images are CMYK. The printer I am using is Xerox Phaser8400DP.

    I have no idea what the other two questions mean. Sorry.

    I really do appreciate everyone's help.
    Steph_Nelson@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Changing your PPD should not "crash" InDesign.
    Something is not adding up.
    You need to trash perferences and re-install you printer and drivers, download new ones from the manufacturer website.
    Heather Bell Guest

  7. #7

    Now the text I've added drop shadows to are also printing with this grey background. (Plain text is printing just fine) It must have something to do with the frames?
    Steph_Nelson@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Does this help?

    [url]http://indesignsecrets.com/eliminating-the-white-box-effect.php[/url]

    Bob
    Bob Levine Guest

  9. #9

    A guess is that someone set this to print using absolut colorimetric (which would try to mimic the targets profiles whitepoint).

    Check the color settings.
    Bjorn_Ost@adobeforums.com Guest