I would like to write a personalized version of Key Caps that has some
other features that aren't in the Apple provided utility. Does anyone
have any clue at all how to "do" what Key Caps is doing. I've discovered
the KCHR resource, but I'm not sure how to use it to translate modifier
key events to all possible characters that would result from every other
key on the keyboard simutaneously.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Keith Wiley unm.edu
http://www.unm.edu/~keithw http://www.mp3.com/KeithWiley

"Yet mark his perfect self-contentment, and hence learn his lesson,
that to be self-contented is to be vile and ignorant, and that to
aspire is better than to be blindly and impotently happy."
-- Edwin A. Abbott, Flatland