Professional Web Applications Themes

Import DVD - Macromedia Director Basics

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I just can't seem to figure it out no matter where I look. Hopefully someone can help. I would like to work with DVD content, I have the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders in the root of the project directory. I go to import and choose a ..VOB file and it tells me it has problems importing this clip. (Link to external file is selected). I have searched everywhere I know to look and can't find anything other than a basic "click on import and select the source". Can anyone point me in the ...

  1. #1

    Default Import DVD

    Sorry if this is a stupid question. I just can't seem to figure it out no
    matter where I look. Hopefully someone can help.

    I would like to work with DVD content, I have the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS
    folders in the root of the project directory. I go to import and choose a
    ..VOB file and it tells me it has problems importing this clip. (Link to
    external file is selected).

    I have searched everywhere I know to look and can't find anything other than
    a basic "click on import and select the source".

    Thanks

    steve Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Import DVD

    In article <c23574$1fs$1forums.macromedia.com>,
    "steve" <stevefact.usu.edu> wrote:
    > I would like to work with DVD content, I have the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS
    > folders in the root of the project directory. I go to import and choose a
    > .VOB file and it tells me it has problems importing this clip. (Link to
    > external file is selected).
    >
    > I have searched everywhere I know to look and can't find anything other than
    > a basic "click on import and select the source".

    Hi Steve,

    Are you on Windows or Macintosh?
    What version of the OS are you using?
    Do you have all the required files in your video_ts folder (VOB, IFO,
    and BUP)?

    Also, make sure that you set the folder property of the DVD object
    reference to the "video_ts" folder.

    --
    Best regards,
    Aaron Jones

  3. #3

    Hello and Thank you Aaron,

    OS = WinXP

    Your comment about the DVD Object folder clued me in that I was going about
    the import all wrong. For some reason, I assumed that I needed to "import"
    the .vob, .bup, and .ifo files through File > Import.

    I also had the problem that I didn't have a DVD software player on my
    computer. Once that was installed, I went through the process and it
    recognized the DVD in the drive off the bat. Then I changed the folder link
    to a video_ts folder on my HD. This also worked great, but I had to put in
    the absolute path (E:\director_test\video\video_ts). Is there a way to make
    this relative? How will this work with distrubution?

    Thanks again for the reply, I feel greatly relieved.

    Steve

  4. #4

    In article <c25o5n$s42$1forums.macromedia.com>,
    "steve" <stevefact.usu.edu> wrote:
    > I also had the problem that I didn't have a DVD software player on my
    > computer. Once that was installed, I went through the process and it
    > recognized the DVD in the drive off the bat. Then I changed the folder link
    > to a video_ts folder on my HD. This also worked great, but I had to put in
    > the absolute path (E:\director_test\video\video_ts). Is there a way to make
    > this relative? How will this work with distrubution?

    Hi Steve,

    No, you do not need to hard code the path. You should be able to use
    "the moviePath" to set it up to be relative.

    For example, something like this should work:

    member("dvd").folder=the moviePath&"assets\video_ts"

    p.s. WinXP is fine - I wasn't sure if you might have been trying to use
    the DVD feature on an unsupported OS (such as pre OS X 10.3).