Professional Web Applications Themes

Import Nav Bar to FP2002 - Macromedia Fireworks

I know this is Macromedia central but I have to use FP2002 for a course and I can't figure out where to import my nav bar that i have (with slices). I know in DW you can just import the html file associates with your nav bar. Let me know..Thanks...

  1. #1

    Default Import Nav Bar to FP2002

    I know this is Macromedia central but I have to use FP2002 for a course and
    I can't figure out where to import my nav bar that i have (with slices). I
    know in DW you can just import the html file associates with your nav bar.
    Let me know..Thanks

    Leo Diaz Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re:Import Nav Bar to FP2002

    Hi Leo--

    Create your page as you normally would in Fireworks, adding the visual effects and links as you wish. Once you're all done you'll export the finished file (File > Export) with the HTML and Images option set in the File type arrea of the Export dialog. Just choose your folder and save away.

    Front Page users should take one additional step before you export though. Choose File > HTML Setup and change th HTML type to Front Page. Also, check the box that says Include HTML comments.

    Once your file is exported you'll open the HTML file that Fireworks generates where you'll find comments that tell you exactly where to copy and paste the necessary scripts and code into your Front Page doent. As long as youi leave the images in the same folder that your exported them to it should work flawlessly.

    Best!

    Kim

    author, Beginners's Guides to Dreamweaver and Fireworks
    [url]http://www.dw-fw-beginners.com[/url]
    ----
    member, Team Macromedia
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/go/team[/url]
    ----
    member, CommunityMX
    [url]http://www.communitymx.com[/url]

    Kim *TMM* webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Leo,

    Try the Copy HTML Wizard. Choose Edit > Copy HTML Code. The Wizard will
    take you, step by step, through transferring your doent to your FP
    HTML page. Just don't forget to change the HTML Style to Front Page or
    Generic HTML on the first screen.

    Linda Rathgeber
    Design Aid: 10-Palette Pack for Fireworks & Flash
    [url]http://www.webdevbiz.com/graphics.cfm[/url]
    Playing with Fire | [url]http://www.playingwithfire.com[/url]
    Victoriana | Theme Pack 03 - Club | [url]http://www.projectseven.com[/url]
    Team MM Fireworks Volunteer | [url]www.macromedia.com/go/team[/url]

    Linda Rathgeber Guest

  4. #4

    I exported the nav bar and changed it to FrontPage. Now once in FrontPage
    how do I insert it? I tried insert picture..i tried insert file..and the bar
    opens without the images. Help!

    "Linda Rathgeber" <lightly@sc.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Leo,
    >
    > Try the Copy HTML Wizard. Choose Edit > Copy HTML Code. The Wizard will
    > take you, step by step, through transferring your doent to your FP
    > HTML page. Just don't forget to change the HTML Style to Front Page or
    > Generic HTML on the first screen.
    >

    > Linda Rathgeber
    > Design Aid: 10-Palette Pack for Fireworks & Flash
    > [url]http://www.webdevbiz.com/graphics.cfm[/url]
    > Playing with Fire | [url]http://www.playingwithfire.com[/url]
    > Victoriana | Theme Pack 03 - Club | [url]http://www.projectseven.com[/url]
    > Team MM Fireworks Volunteer | [url]www.macromedia.com/go/team[/url]

    Leo Guest

  5. #5

    Leo wrote:
    > I exported the nav bar and changed it to FrontPage. Now once in FrontPage
    > how do I insert it? I tried insert picture..i tried insert file..and the bar
    > opens without the images. Help!
    It's copy and paste. By following the wizard you've copied everything to
    the Clipboard. The whole thing, images and HTML, should paste on to the
    page where you place your cursor. At least that's the way it works in
    Dreamweaver. Try it again. Place your cursor where you want the navbar
    on the page in FrontPage, follow the copy HTML Wizard thing in
    Fireworks, then paste it into FrontPage.

  6. #6

    when i copy the images will the slices and rollovers take effect? and the
    html file for my nav bar doesn't say anything..it just shows the nav bar

  7. #7

    Leo wrote:
    > when i copy the images will the slices and rollovers take effect?
    Not if you just copy the images. You need to follow the procedure I
    outlined in my first letter to you.
    > html file for my nav bar doesn't say anything..it just shows the nav bar
    What are you expecting it to say?

  8. #8

    I copy the html and I get the nav bar but without the rollover effects..I
    must be doing something wrong that I am not seeing

  9. #9

    Leo wrote:
    > I copy the html and I get the nav bar but without the rollover effects..I
    > must be doing something wrong that I am not seeing
    Can you put a copy of the file Web site? I think we are going to have to
    see it to figure out what's going wrong.

  10. #10

    I am not live yet or anything. I can email it to you so you can see. Let me
    know. This is giving me a headache. =)

  11. #11

    Leo Diaz wrote:
    > I am not live yet or anything. I can email it to you so you can see. Let me
    > know. This is giving me a headache. =)
    Sure. Mail it to me. I don't know how much it will help, though, because
    I can't try it out in FrontPage. Isn't it about time you switched to
    Dreamweaver? :-)

  12. #12

    I use dreamweaver but i have to use FP for a course i am taking.