Professional Web Applications Themes

Important message about the Challenge - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Grant, You may never had heard of Hot Tuna but I'll bet you've heard of the other band that their founders were involved with -- Jefferson Airplane. Jorma Kaukonem (guitar) was one of the co-founders of Jefferson Airplane and Jack Casady played bass in the group. Jorma had a strong blues background and he and Jack left the Airplane in the early 70's to concentrate on the blues and formed Hot Tuna. The group is still around and going strong. RCA reissued some of their original albums on cd a few years ago. Bob...

  1. #21

    Default Re: Important message about the Challenge

    Grant,

    You may never had heard of Hot Tuna but I'll bet you've heard of the other
    band that their founders were involved with -- Jefferson Airplane.

    Jorma Kaukonem (guitar) was one of the co-founders of Jefferson Airplane and
    Jack Casady played bass in the group. Jorma had a strong blues background
    and he and Jack left the Airplane in the early 70's to concentrate on the
    blues and formed Hot Tuna. The group is still around and going strong. RCA
    reissued some of their original albums on cd a few years ago.

    Bob

    RobertHJones Guest

  2. #22

    My music collection is not so high brow as you might expect from previous postings.
    What's in it?
    Almost everything ever made by the Stones on MP3, because their best recording, the Decca years sound too good on cd. Funny, but on cd it is too clean, because I relate this sound to the sound quality of my teenage years.
    On cd: over 30 cd's by Van Morrison, lots of Leonard Cohen, John Lee Hooker, King Curtis, Sonny Rollins, John Coltrane, Albert Ayler, lots of Irish folk music, Schuberts Lieder, Klezmer, Gregorian etc.

    Hot Tuna: unknown until now, but I'll check at the cd store tomorrow. Thanks!

    I think these cd's are the "Ėlements" in music.
    So probably not quite off topic in this forum. ;-)

    BTW: does anyone know an easy way to produce a slide show in Elements and how to add music to it?
    This might be useful to me to provide wedding couples with a nice present.
    Because it is a "commercial present" it shouldnot take too much time to produce.

    Leen
    Leen Koper Guest

  3. #23

    Leen

    Drop the Cohen add some Bach and we could easily share the same house. Well
    maybe we would have to add a whole lot more of "classical".

    I hate the term "classical" it is so pretentious. My musical taste are so
    broad it is easier to say what I don't like than what I do like. First it
    must be well done. Second it must have a point. And third it must more
    substance than shine. So with that in mind I do not like "easy listening"
    the Laurence Welk type stuff and I don't like music that is referred to as
    in the classical period, This is the period starting with Brahms and ending
    with Divorak but not including them, well it does but I like both of them.
    All else I am open to and yes that includes Cohen so you can keep him.

    grunt

    Grant Dixon Guest

  4. #24

    Grant, you are welcome at my home.
    My favourite cd is Officium by Jan Garbarek & the Hilliard Ensemble. I would love to use this wonderful combination of saxophone and Gergorian chant to a slide show, but still don't know an easy way to do this.
    Anyone on the forum knows how to do this in such a simple way I can master the technique in a short time?
    My studio is so busy at the moment (working about 80 hours weekly)I don't have sufficient time to study complicated software.

    Leen
    Leen Koper Guest

  5. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Leen Koper Guest
    Moderated Post

  6. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Dick Smith Guest
    Moderated Post

  7. #27

    Robert,
    The "Live" CD is or was the one I had as well. I always listen to the part where someone tips a glass over. Clink! once you hear it you just can't get it out of your ear.

    Terry
    Terry Boyles Guest

  8. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Dick Smith Guest
    Moderated Post

  9. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Jodi Frye Guest
    Moderated Post

  10. #30

    Jodi -

    I will pay you to stay out of my neighborhood.

    Besides, you really need those neon striped seahorse birdbaths - that is the height of tacky. Or would that be depth?
    JoAnn Amerson Guest

  11. #31

    Aw C'mon JoAnne, I know you don't mean that ;)

    I've never seen the seahorse birdbaths...must be a southern thing ;)

    How 'bout those little negro statues...the ones with the red coat holding the light...what's up with that ??? What year is this ??
    Jodi Frye Guest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12