Professional Web Applications Themes

Important message about the Challenge - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Because of the mess up with my computer and the slowness of me coming on line I will extend the deadline for Challenge #22 until Monday. Also I will keep up Challenge #22 And Challenge #21 up an extra week each for those that want to grab the images. Be noted that there will still be a bit of delay while I get my software up and running and activate or re write the macros that I need Much apology for all the confusion. Grant...

  1. #1

    Default Important message about the Challenge

    Because of the mess up with my computer and the slowness of me coming on
    line I will extend the deadline for Challenge #22 until Monday. Also I will
    keep up Challenge #22 And Challenge #21 up an extra week each for those that
    want to grab the images.

    Be noted that there will still be a bit of delay while I get my software up
    and running and activate or re write the macros that I need

    Much apology for all the confusion.

    Grant

    Grant Dixon Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Important message about the Challenge

    Grant, what i want most is for you to be up and running and back to normal. I'm not worried about my challenge images and if or when they will be displayed. Please just do your thing. We all stand behind you.
    Jodi Frye Guest

  3. #3

    Grant,

    Me too.

    Take it easy.

    Carl
    carl sutherland Guest

  4. #4

    Grant,
    You are working way to hard. Take a break. This is a patient group that appreciates what you do.

    Terry
    Terry Boyles Guest

  5. #5

    Grant... is that HAD or NAD ? Because my friend and I offered ourselves a
    NAD home theather 5.1 receiver for Christmas. The sound is... just
    incredible!

    And yes, even with two ears, 6 speakers does make a difference :)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  6. #6

    Ray

    It could have been a HAD if it did not work out but considering that the
    music sound is what i am accustume to it is a NAD. Just a small point i
    suspect you an your friend have a total of four ears so that is how you are
    getting confused with the difference ;-)

    Grant

    Grant Dixon Guest

  7. #7

    Grant,

    Four ears between them? ...We don't really know do we.... With some of
    the answers Ray comes up with for people he may be some form of higher
    intelligence that has many more ears.... (or maybe none?) :) :)

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  8. #8

    Grant, I had no idea speakers had gotten so expensive!

    I wonder if my collection of Willie Nelson CD's would sound THAT much better
    on Altec Lansing speakers...?

    :-)

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  9. #9

    Chuck

    Not sure anyone can make Willie sound better ... wait he can't be improved
    upon is what I am saying. Who is Willie Nelson I don't think he sing Opera,
    well none I have heard!

    Now back to seriousness while he may or may not sound better the chances are
    that his early work was recorded in studios that used Altec Lansing speakers
    as monitor speakers. So when the music is played back on Altec Lansing
    "Voice of the Theatre" speakers you are hearing the sound as the recording
    engineer intended it. Anyhow that is my story and I am stuck with it.

    Of course when I bought mine back in the late '60s they were only $2800
    Canadian a pair of course the Canadian dollar was worth more that they US
    dollar back then.

    Grant

    Grant Dixon Guest

  10. #10

    Grant,

    Back in the 70's, the Voice of the Theater was my dream. That 15" woofer
    speaker was something to salivate over. I could never afford a pair,
    though. Nowadays, speaker technology has improved to the point where you
    can get comparable bass response in a much smaller speaker, but the Voice of
    the Theater is still a marvel.

    Should I ever get a chance to visit your neck of the woods, I'd love to hear
    them in action. Got any Bach Organ music?

    Bob

    RobertHJones Guest

  11. #11

    (looking around here for some Bach......know I had some somewhere......)
    ..
    ..(still looking)
    ..
    ..Wait - here it is! "The Very Best of PDQ Bach" - that's it, right Grant??

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  12. #12

    Grant, I had a feeling you'd know of Schickele - I haven't seen him in
    person but read a very amusing bio of him a few years back (trying to
    remember which publication it was; probably the NY Times Sunday Magazine).
    The titles of his works are hilarious!

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  13. #13

    Chuck

    If you get the chance treat yourself. Schickele's humour is like a huge
    ocean that many can drink from. On one level it approaches slap stick yet on
    another if is extremely clever musically talented spoofs.

    Grant

    Grant Dixon Guest

  14. #14

    Grant, I'll certainly try to do that, although it looks like his touring
    schedule doesn't venture within 1000 miles of Texas....may have to go north
    next year to catch a show!

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  15. #15

    Chuck et al

    Enjoy

    [url]http://www.schickele.com/pdqbio.htm[/url]

    Grunt

    Grant Dixon Guest

  16. #16

    Come on you guys!! You can't be so high brow that you don't have some old Beattles or Rolling Stones in your collection. Or,maybe a bit of Moody Blues and speaking of blues, how about Hot Tuna.

    Terry
    Terry Boyles Guest

  17. #17

    Terry.

    Funny you should mention Hot Tuna. I was listening to "Hesitation Blues"
    just this afternoon. I also played some Bach Fugues and a little Muddy
    Waters.

    Bob

    RobertHJones Guest

  18. #18

    Bob,

    I loaned my only Hot Tuna CD to my brother about a year ago and haven't got it back yet. Gonna have to yell at that boy.

    Terry
    Terry Boyles Guest

  19. #19

    Terry

    Sorry, no Beatles or Moody Blue and never even heard of Hot Tuna. I do have
    some Stones and Eric Clapton but this is because I love the blues. I have
    some Frank Zappa because I think his music is more jazz than rock. As for
    rock I loved CSNY and The Band.

    Grant

    Grant Dixon Guest

  20. #20

    Awesome stereos, guys. Too bad kids today treat 128k MP3s as if they were music or something.

    It's like printing a 32k 640x480 JPEG at 8"x10"!
    L Miranda Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast