[allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => <3f6ae681@news.comindico.com.au> <3f6b8b24@news.comindico.com.au> [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => AU [ip] => adpotd@pixelpix [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 15 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> IMPORTANT NOTICE for those who enter ADPOTD - Photography

IMPORTANT NOTICE for those who enter ADPOTD - Photography

Good evening, My regular email address for photo submissions to ADPOTD has been harvested by email spammers! Due to the unbelievable amount of spam that I am now receiving, I can no longer use the address. Please drop by the site for the new address. Many thanks Russell Stewart Australian Digital Photo Of The Day http://www.pixelpix.com.au/adpotd.html...

  1. #1

    Default IMPORTANT NOTICE for those who enter ADPOTD

    Good evening,

    My regular email address for photo submissions to ADPOTD has been harvested
    by email spammers!
    Due to the unbelievable amount of spam that I am now receiving, I can no
    longer use the address.

    Please drop by the site for the new address.

    Many thanks

    Russell Stewart
    Australian Digital Photo Of The Day
    http://www.pixelpix.com.au/adpotd.html

    AU Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE for those who enter ADPOTD

    ME TOO! I'm currently getting about 35 emails an hour all with 15kb virus
    files on it. Very frustrating.

    ~Seb

    "AU Digital Photo Of The Day" <com.au> wrote in message
    harvested

    Seb Guest

  3. #3

    You do realise they're harvesting them off your website don't you ....

    They got the address I only use on the website and are currently inundating
    it with really relevant e ....

    *kill a spammer a day*

    "AU Digital Photo Of The Day" <com.au> wrote in message
    harvested

    VH-CBR Guest

  4. #4

    "AU Digital Photo Of The Day" <com.au> wrote:

    Have you heard of Mailwasher?

    A useful program that checks the email's header details whilst still on the
    email server.
    It then does some useful filtering & gives you some sensible options as to what
    to do with the emails. If the majority are indeed spam then Mailwasher gives
    you the capability to then bounce & delete from the server whichever emails
    that have been marked as spam. Greatly reducing the amount of data you recieve.

    Google would help provide further info.

    Cheers.

    j Guest

  5. #5

    "VH-CBR" <com> wrote in message
    inundating

    Yeah I know... I have a had a web site for years and never had the problem
    'till now.... guess it was just my turn :-(

    I have modified the web site so the new email is not actually there, but is
    displayed via a java script. I realise that some people may have Java
    turned off, but I am willing to cop that.

    Russell

    AU Guest

  6. #6

    "j" <jj.com> wrote in message news:3f6aedd9$adelaide.on.net... [/ref]
    harvested

    > Have you heard of Mailwasher?
    >
    > A useful program that checks the email's header details whilst still on[/ref]
    the
    what
    gives
    emails
    recieve.

    Yes I have heard it mentioned here a few times and I will look into further
    thanks.

    AU Guest

  7. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Wiz Guest
    Moderated Post

  8. #8

    AU Digital Photo Of The Day wrote: [/ref]

    > recieve.
    >[/ref]

    No you still receive it - just you can delete it off the server and
    don't have to download all the S>>>.

    Mailwasher is at http://www.firetrust.com/home/ free download.

    And another one at 156K attachment. Tally 46 today.

    Wiz Guest

  9. #9

    Wiz <com> wrote: [/ref]

    >> recieve.
    >>[/ref]
    >

    >No you still receive it - just you can delete it off the server and
    >don't have to download all the S>>>.[/ref]

    Well, yes, in the sense that it gets to your mail server...

    :-(

    Any patterns to them?

    j Guest

  10. #10

    Wiz <com> wrote:

    Looks like the IT industry has finally found a way out of the hole that it fell
    into after the fizzle of the Millenium Bug...

    j Guest

  11. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Wiz Guest
    Moderated Post

  12. #12

    "Wiz" <com> wrote in message
    news:3f6b0700$0$95046$news.telstra.net... [/ref]

    > > recieve.
    > >[/ref]
    >

    > No you still receive it - just you can delete it off the server and
    > don't have to download all the S>>>.
    >
    > Mailwasher is at http://www.firetrust.com/home/ free download.
    >
    > And another one at 156K attachment. Tally 46 today.[/ref]

    I had a look at Mail Washer and unfortunately it's not for me..... with the
    amount and size of legit emails that I get, I simply leave the mail program
    running and I am not here to check the mail before it comes down. Also I
    use Eudora as my mail client and it already allows me to check whats on the
    server and delete prior to download.... very handy when someone sends a HUGE
    file that bungs up the system.

    I think the new email address and java insert into my site is the best
    answer for me at this stage.... thanks for the help anyway.

    Russell

    AU Guest

  13. #13

    I would seriously consider Matador.

    It s that you still have to download the entire message however if you
    start getting numbers like me.. 200-300 a day, every day then it is a
    lifesaver... The only problem is that the sheer volume of spam makes an
    impact on my download Mb's for the month.....

    Cameron

    > > No you still receive it - just you can delete it off the server and
    > > don't have to download all the S>>>.
    > >
    > > Mailwasher is at http://www.firetrust.com/home/ free download.
    > >
    > > And another one at 156K attachment. Tally 46 today.[/ref]
    >
    > I had a look at Mail Washer and unfortunately it's not for me..... with[/ref]
    the
    program
    the
    HUGE

    Cameron Guest

  14. #14

    "AU Digital Photo Of The Day" <com.au> wrote in message

    I just changed ISPs and thought i'd dump the 200+ spam messages I get per
    day but no, the fokkers have managed to track me down again... most of which
    are coming from the admin email address that I have on my web site for
    visitors to use.

    is

    How did you do that? Sounds like a good move to me .. :o)

    VH-CBR Guest

  15. #15

    "VH-CBR" <com> wrote in message
    news:comindico.com.au... [/ref]
    problem

    > I just changed ISPs and thought i'd dump the 200+ spam messages I get per
    > day but no, the fokkers have managed to track me down again... most of[/ref]
    which
    > is
    >
    > How did you do that? Sounds like a good move to me .. :o)
    >[/ref]

    Here is the code (will java script code display here or will the code
    actually work and show my email address???) , simply replace my
    emailname/emailserver for your yours.....

    <script language="Javascript"><!--
    //this simple script by a1javascripts.com
    //please leave credit and instructions intact

    //simply enter your emailname and emailserver below
    //and copy and paste to entire script where you want it to show.
    emailname = "potd"
    emailserver = "pixelpix.com.au"

    //change the font face, color and size below
    doent.write("<font size=3>");
    doent.write("<a href='mailto:" + emailname + "" + emailserver + "'>");
    doent.write("<font color='000ff'>");
    doent.write(emailname + "" + emailserver);
    doent.write("</a>");
    doent.write("</font>");
    //--></font></p>
    </script>

    AU Guest

  16. #16

    "Cameron" <camlaird"NOSPAM"hotmail.com> wrote in message

    Thanks, I will do a search and have a look.

    No Eudora, just downloads the message header and file size, while leaving
    the content on the server, from there I can make them to delete from the
    server

    Ouch! Yes it would soon run up some mb with that amount...... What I would
    like to know is it these email spams actually work.... I guess when you send
    out millions there are enough dolts that will click on things.

    AU Guest

  17. #17

    Cool .. thanks

    "AU Digital Photo Of The Day" <com.au> wrote in message
    news:bkg3jt$udh$austar.net.au... [/ref]

    VH-CBR Guest

  18. #18

    They also try brute force methods... they just choose random and/or
    common names at different domains and send mails to them. I had a
    'catch all' address on my domain but now it's gone, because so much
    s**t was being collected there.

    VH-CBR wrote:

    > harvested

    >[/ref]

    Scott Guest

  19. #19

    The only way to solve the problem long term is to set up a cgi/perl email
    form with attachment set up

    I am happy to give you a bit of asssistance with it if you are not sure how

    Graham

    "AU Digital Photo Of The Day" <com.au> wrote in message
    harvested

    Graham Guest

  20. #20

    "Scott Coutts" <monash.edu.au> wrote in message

    unfortunately I cannot remove my capture all... all I can do is wait for
    them to use a "made up" email address and then create it as a "real" address
    and then point it to the server garbage bin.

    (sorry Scott, I hit the wrong button so you would have got this in your
    email also)

    AU Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast