Professional Web Applications Themes

Imported Bitmaps Too Large for Slide Screens: Resizing? - Macromedia Flash

I've just begun dabbling with slide presentations with Flash, and have one rudimentary question. I've imported some bitmaps into the Library, and drag each one into its own slide. The images are far larger than the stage, so when I publish the slide show, the images are huge, cropped, and distorted. Can I increase the size of the stage to accommodate these larger images? Will that affect the display within a browser, or the Flash Player if I create a projector? Or, is there a way to resize the images within Flash, so that they fit the stage? Can this ...

  1. #1

    Default Imported Bitmaps Too Large for Slide Screens: Resizing?

    I've just begun dabbling with slide presentations with Flash, and have
    one rudimentary question.

    I've imported some bitmaps into the Library, and drag each one into
    its own slide. The images are far larger than the stage, so when I
    publish the slide show, the images are huge, cropped, and distorted.

    Can I increase the size of the stage to accommodate these larger
    images? Will that affect the display within a browser, or the Flash
    Player if I create a projector?

    Or, is there a way to resize the images within Flash, so that they fit
    the stage? Can this be done without distorting the images?

    Thank you!

    To reply privately,
    please remove the number 5 from the e-mail address.
    Thank you very much! Jack Danniel

    Jack Danniel Guest

  2. #2

    click on the image that u want to resize, and in the properties window (by
    default at the bottom of the screen) resize the image. If u dont want to
    distort the image then make sure u have the lock on. The lock resizes the
    image proportionatly.

    "Jack Danniel" <jd5jdprodigy.net> wrote in message
    > I've just begun dabbling with slide presentations with Flash, and have
    > one rudimentary question.
    >
    > I've imported some bitmaps into the Library, and drag each one into
    > its own slide. The images are far larger than the stage, so when I
    > publish the slide show, the images are huge, cropped, and distorted.
    >
    > Can I increase the size of the stage to accommodate these larger
    > images? Will that affect the display within a browser, or the Flash
    > Player if I create a projector?
    >
    > Or, is there a way to resize the images within Flash, so that they fit
    > the stage? Can this be done without distorting the images?
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > To reply privately,
    > please remove the number 5 from the e-mail address.
    > Thank you very much! Jack Danniel

    JIMMYD Guest

  3. #3

    "Jack Danniel" <jd5jdprodigy.net> wrote in message
    > I've just begun dabbling with slide presentations with Flash, and have
    > one rudimentary question.
    >
    > I've imported some bitmaps into the Library, and drag each one into
    > its own slide. The images are far larger than the stage, so when I
    > publish the slide show, the images are huge, cropped, and distorted.
    >
    > Can I increase the size of the stage to accommodate these larger
    > images? Will that affect the display within a browser, or the Flash
    > Player if I create a projector?
    >
    > Or, is there a way to resize the images within Flash, so that they fit
    > the stage? Can this be done without distorting the images?
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > To reply privately,
    > please remove the number 5 from the e-mail address.
    > Thank you very much! Jack Danniel

    Is there a reason you can't resize the image in a photo editor (i.e.
    Photoshop or even MS Photo Editor)? If you don't need large image, resizing
    it in a photo editor will reduce the file size allowing it to be loaded
    faster.

    Amit Varia Guest

  4. #4

    No, I have Paint Shop Pro 8 and can resize the image.

    I just...don't...want to. I don't like resizing images because the
    clarity suffers. But it appears to be necessary in this case.

    Unless I work a little bit more with the images in Flash. Large
    screen shots of application windows should fit the stage, shouldn't
    they?

  5. #5

    > No, I have Paint Shop Pro 8 and can resize the image.
    >
    > I just...don't...want to. I don't like resizing images because the
    > clarity suffers. But it appears to be necessary in this case.
    When I resize images I rarely see any noticeable drop in clarity. If there
    is one though, I would think resizing in Flash would have the same drop.
    > Unless I work a little bit more with the images in Flash. Large
    > screen shots of application windows should fit the stage, shouldn't
    > they?
    I'm not sure I understand, but I'll answer the question I think you are
    asking. If you are taking screenshots of apps and want them to fit on the
    stage, it would depend how big your stage is.

  6. #6

    I would make the images the size you are going to use them in flash, and
    then in the library, double click on the symbol (image) and uncheck "allow
    smoothing"... this should keep the clarity just fine.

    "Amit Varia" <dontemaillmeever.com> wrote in message

    > > No, I have Paint Shop Pro 8 and can resize the image.
    > >
    > > I just...don't...want to. I don't like resizing images because the
    > > clarity suffers. But it appears to be necessary in this case.
    >
    > When I resize images I rarely see any noticeable drop in clarity. If there
    > is one though, I would think resizing in Flash would have the same drop.
    >
    > > Unless I work a little bit more with the images in Flash. Large
    > > screen shots of application windows should fit the stage, shouldn't
    > > they?
    >
    > I'm not sure I understand, but I'll answer the question I think you are
    > asking. If you are taking screenshots of apps and want them to fit on the
    > stage, it would depend how big your stage is.
    >

    > > >Is there a reason you can't resize the image in a photo editor (i.e.
    > > >Photoshop or even MS Photo Editor)? If you don't need large image,
    > resizing
    > > >it in a photo editor will reduce the file size allowing it to be loaded
    > > >faster.
    > > >

    > > To reply privately,
    > > please remove the number 5 from the e-mail address.
    > > Thank you very much! Jack Danniel

    Laura Brown Guest