Professional Web Applications Themes

Importing a word doent in Russian to Dreamweaver - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Help! How do you import a Russian Doent from word into Dreamweaver?...

  1. #1

    Default Importing a word doent in Russian to Dreamweaver

    KellyJ webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    KellyJ wrote:
    > Help!
    >
    > How do you import a Russian Doent from word into Dreamweaver?
    You need to use something like Notepad as an intermediate window. Word is
    Unicode-compliant. Dreamweaver apparently is not.

    [url]http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PaulGor/cp_eng.htm[/url]

    --
    David Powers
    No-nonsense reviews of computer books

    David Powers Guest

  3. #3

    I am having the same problem. Let me add a few details of my case. Some colleagues used Edit Plus 2 to build a site in Russia. The site was fine on IBM compatibles and IE, but you saw code on Macs and in Netscape.
    I rebuilt the English version of the site, but I am unable to import the Cyrillic text into a Dreamweaver doent. I did change the text to what appeared to be Cyrillic, but all the letters simply turned into question marks. If anyone can help us, it would be great. Bests.

    Referring URLs
    [url]http://www.ithaca.edu/russia/about_r.htm[/url]

    chris51 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    hacoltov wrote:
    :: When I
    :: paste in the doent the text is pasted as ???????????????? ??????
    :: ???? ?????. I am able to write in russian characters in Dreamweaver
    :: by changing page properties to Cyrillic and using Times New Roman
    :: font and setting my language bar to russian. So writing russian in
    :: Dreamweaver is possible but not to cut and paste text in russian
    :: characters from a word doent to Dreamweaver. How can I get around
    :: this problem?

    Dreamweaver is apparently a non-Unicode program, so you have to use an
    intermediate window to convert the Cyrillic to a format DW can understand:

    [url]http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PaulGor/cp_eng.htm#fromUni[/url]

    --
    David Powers
    No-nonsense reviews of computer books
    [url]http://japan-interface.co.uk/webdesign/books.html[/url]
    Save 10% on TopStyle CSS Editor
    Can I just add this program has a really good pop up keyboard with all the languages of the world cool.
    I would make a restore point on your computer before downloading it.
    I down loaded it and started having problems on my computer the auto play would keep kicking in? so i had to restore my computer and turn of my DVD drive.
    If this is the fault of the prog?
    Does any body know how to put russian into the blue title at the top of the web page?
    I type in the title box and it does not work but i can write on the actual web page?
    HELP

    hacoltov webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  5. #5

    I am not writing the Russian language. Our Russian translators are doing it and I need to get them what ever program will translate the Cryllic in Dreamweaver.

    Update: I saved the Russian word doent as an html.doc, opened it up in notepad and saved it as unicode.doc. that seemed to solve the problem with the ????? question marks. However, after spending all that time doing it, when I uploaded to the server the page would not show up. Oh, my. a new problem to figure out. I think Ill take up basket weaving! :)

    Let me know if you all figure this one out. Thanks!

    Kelly

    KellyJ webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    "KellyJ" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > Help!
    >
    > How do you import a Russian Doent from word into Dreamweaver?

    Haven't a clue how to do this in html. But if it's a reasonable amount
    of text, you might just make a gif of it?

    --
    Dan Vendel - *GOF*
    [url]http://www.vendel.info[/url]

    Dan Vendel *GOF* Guest

  7. #7

    Dan,

    I have tried making it a gif, but the size it needs to be is to big for a web page. If you shrink the gif it makes it unreadable.

    Thank you for responding. If you come up with something else, Im all ears.

    Kelly

    KellyJ webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  8. #8

    The UniPad option, which David Powers, put up at [url]http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PaulGor/cp_eng.htm#fromUni[/url] is working for me. Bests.

    chris51 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  9. #9

    KellyJ wrote:

    > Update: I saved the Russian word doent as an html.doc, opened it
    > up in notepad and saved it as unicode.doc. that seemed to solve the
    > problem with the ????? question marks. However, after spending all
    > that time doing it, when I uploaded to the server the page would not
    > show up. Oh, my. a new problem to figure out. I think Ill take up
    > basket weaving! :)
    Make sure you have the correct encoding set for the page. Modify > Page
    Properties > Page Encoding. You may need to experiment, as I think there are
    several possible encodings for Cyrillic.