Professional Web Applications Themes

Importing Images such as TIFF or JPEG? - Macromedia Freehand

Hi people, can someone please help me out, I have made a Template for CD Single J Cards but when I import High Resolution images to Freehand so I can line them up for Print and add text, logos etc... the Images loose their quality and the colour goes a bit darker, you can also see the image has changed to Pixels.... Can anyone let me know if maybe there's a setting or something as these images are very high res therefore they should be ok, maybe Freehand aint for doing this sort of this? Thanks in advance!...

  1. #1

    Default Importing Images such as TIFF or JPEG?

    Hi people, can someone please help me out, I have made a Template for CD Single
    J Cards but when I import High Resolution images to Freehand so I can line them
    up for Print and add text, logos etc... the Images loose their quality and the
    colour goes a bit darker, you can also see the image has changed to Pixels....

    Can anyone let me know if maybe there's a setting or something as these images
    are very high res therefore they should be ok, maybe Freehand aint for doing
    this sort of this?

    Thanks in advance!
    Weecutz Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Importing Images such as TIFF or JPEG?

    A few thinks to check:

    1. Preferences > Redraw > Set on-screen image resolution > Full.

    2. If you have used FHMX raster effects on or over the image, set
    File > Doent Settings > Raster Effects Settings
    to a resolution suitable for your printer.

    3. The color is a color management issue -- too complicated for me to
    explain. See your online Help files.

    Judy Arndt

    Weecutz wrote:
    > Hi people, can someone please help me out, I have made a Template for CD
    > Single J Cards but when I import High Resolution images to Freehand so I can
    > line them up for Print and add text, logos etc... the Images loose their
    > quality and the colour goes a bit darker, you can also see the image has
    > changed to Pixels....
    Judy Arndt Guest

  3. #3

    > A few thinks to check:

    Did I write that? I 'thinks' I better check my spelling before posting. ;-)

    Judy Arndt

    Judy Arndt Guest

  4. #4

    Hi there, thanks for your help, I have tried those things and it has kinda
    cleaned the photo a little though the colour is still very dark?... anyother
    ideas what might be the problem?

    Also, is there a specific program from Macromedia for stuff like CD cover
    layout & design or is Freehand the best for it?

    Thanks

    Weecutz Guest

  5. #5

    Weecutz wrote:
    > Also, is there a specific program from Macromedia for stuff like CD cover
    > layout & design or is Freehand the best for it?
    Macromedia doesn't have a layout program (or a print-quality pixel
    pushing program. Is xRes still workable? I might actually have an
    installer disk with it still floating around somewhere) so Freehand
    would be it.
    Wes Rand Guest

  6. #6

    Whats XRes?... sorry I'm not too familiar with all this?
    Weecutz Guest