Professional Web Applications Themes

Importing multiple images - Adobe Indesign Windows

I imported about 40 images from my camera. How can I save them without Photoshop Elements asking me whether I want to save each one? Is there a batch save feature? Are the images stored temporatily somewhere when imported? Thanks....

  1. #1

    Default Importing Multiple Images

    I imported about 40 images from my camera. How can I save them without Photoshop Elements asking me whether I want to save each one? Is there a batch save feature? Are the images stored temporatily somewhere when imported?

    Thanks.
    David Barash Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Importing Multiple Images

    When you download images from your camera, they're not being saved in Elements. You have to designate a folder on your hard drive in which you want the images stored and then save them like you would a Word doc.

    Most of us advocate using a card reader for transferring images from the camera to the computer. It gives you better control over where they go and is considered safer for both the images and the equipment. The images would be moved into a folder on your hard drive, and then you can open them in Elements, edit, and either save or toss as the picture warrants.
    Beth Haney Guest

  3. #3

    Is there a way (or plug-in) that would allow me to setup a box in the master page, and take a folder of several images, and auto-fit all of them, and autoflow all the pages automatically? This would save me tons of time, as I have over 100 images that need to be fitted to the same size box. This is for Indesign CS. Thanks.
    tzubak@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    This is what I'm trying to do-I have 1 box on the master page of a specific size. I have a folder of 100+ images. I want to automatically fit the images to this box and add the 100+ pages. One images per page. Will the datamerge accomplish this for me? Thanks!
    tzubak@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    I think your best bet is a script. Ask in the InDesign Scripting forum.
    Steve_Werner@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    It's hard to picture exactly what you are trying to achieve, but the
    DataMerge facility in the PageMaker plug-in would probably do this. If all
    the images are going into the same box, then I guess the text flow on all
    the pages would be the same. You don't say how many pages the doent is.
    If you used DataMerge all the iterations of the doent would be created in
    a single doent. If all that changes is that one page, you could make a
    file of all the pages that change and match this to multiple copies of the
    file containing the rest of the job.

    Ken_Grace@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Yes. That's exactly what DataMerge does. And it gives you the options of
    fitting images proportionally, fitting images to frames, fitting frames to
    images, or preserving frame and image sizes.

    Ken_Grace@adobeforums.com Guest