Professional Web Applications Themes

Impressionist Brush - Again - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Chuck, tell me about your new brushes. Sorry i can't help you with the impressionist brush in PE2. I probably could have checked it out if i had of received the PE2 I was suppose to get legally for nothing but the deal got squished. I was tossed out of the sandbox....

  1. #1

    Default Re: Impressionist Brush - Again

    Chuck, tell me about your new brushes.

    Sorry i can't help you with the impressionist brush in PE2. I probably could have checked it out if i had of received the PE2 I was suppose to get legally for nothing but the deal got squished. I was tossed out of the sandbox.
    Jodi Frye Guest

  2. #2

    Note that the brushes work in PE 2 but not the Impressionist Brush
    function - just thought I'd clarify that...

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  3. #3

    Doubt it Chuck. The brush engine in PE2 and PS7 is radically different that that in PE1 and PS6. As to your impressionist brush problem. Is the fact that it is always "tight short" true for all brushes or just the add-on brushes. If it works with a standard round brush that shipped with Elements, but not with an add-on than the problem is the add-on, but if it doesn't work with a basic standard brush it is something I'd like to track down.

    Rich
    Richard Coencas Guest

  4. #4

    Rich, thanks - I'll go back and try it with a default brush. Believe I've
    done that before, but certainly want to take advantage of your generous
    offer!

    :-)

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  5. #5

    Rich, same thing happens with Default brush. Here's another data point:
    the dropdown for More Options has three choice: Style, Area, and Tolerance.
    Changes to Area and Tolerance 'stick', i.e., when you come back to the More
    Options dropdown, they've stayed changed, even after closing and re-opening
    Elements. Style, on the other hand, doesn't stick and apparently doesn't
    really change even though the choice in the box shows a change has taken
    place.

    Thanks! Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  6. #6

    Rich, thanks for checking it out. I'll give it a try on my laptop and see
    if I can find the culprit. I'll let you know what I find so if it comes up
    again, we'll have an answer.

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  7. #7

    Chuck, ya, next version will be here before ya know it anyways ;) Oh gosh, they may take the impressionist brush out all together, ..gee, I hope not. It is such a Kool Tool ;)
    Jodi Frye Guest

  8. #8

    Hey chuck, come to think of it...someone else came on here with the exact same problem...wonder if you could find him and see what plug-ins you have in common ? ;)
    Jodi Frye Guest

  9. #9

    OOPS! Chuck,

    I thought you were referring to the stock alternate paintbrush...the
    "impressionist brush" when I just replied. Now I see you are talking about
    an add on. Sorry

    Pete

    "Chuck...
    > Hi, Jodi: The brushes came on the CD of a book I ran into at our local
    Half
    > Price Books this weekend; it's called "Photoshop 7 Magic" and it has a
    large
    > cast of contributors, including our own Al Ward. As a matter of fact,
    they
    > may be his brushes, because the set is called F_X Brushes. They work in PE
    2
    > and PS 7 - wonder if they'd work in PS 6?
    >
    > Chuck

    Pete D Guest

  10. #10

    Pete, yes I was talking about the impressionist brush; lost its way,
    probably associated with an add-on of some sort. Oh, well....

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  11. #11

    Chuck,

    Gheeze, I was writing slow I guess and when I refreshed my news reader there
    were a bunch of posts before my answer. Then same thing again. I am going
    to have to learn to type faster:)

    Pete D Guest

  12. #12

    I wonder how many 5.25" diskettes would be required to fit Elements on, just
    so to load it on my Tandy Color Computer 1 ? :)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  13. #13

    Susan, I have most of those things installed also. I really am going to try
    a reinstall on the laptop, because it's not much good for serious editing,
    just previewing and storing away images while on the road. If that doesn't
    do it, I'll have to either blame the OS or.....full Photoshop 7, which also
    resides on both computers!

    :-)

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  14. #14

    Ray, my first computer had 16 Kbytes of memory; yes, that's K.... Then I
    moved up to a whopping 48 K....!

    :-)

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  15. #15

    Hi, Susan. For me, the impressionist brush in 2 doesn't work as well as the brush in PE1 did--the only bad thing about the new brush engine in 2. In 1, besides actual brushstrokes, you could use the brush just to dissolve/fragment the focus in the parts of the picture you painted with it, but in 2 it just makes those darned curls, although they can create some interesting effects if you apply other filters over them.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  16. #16

    Chuck,

    My first, true multitasking computer had 64Kb. It run in graphic mode as well, had windows and could run up to four tasks in the same time :)

    It was OS/9 - Level II, for the Color Computer. Code optimization has been lost, long lost since then :)

    Ray
    Raymond Robillard Guest

  17. #17

    Chuck: My impressionist brush doesn't work either, and I do not have any add-on brushes.

    Connie
    Connie Harrington Guest