Hello
I've implemented this bandwidth checker
[url]http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashcom/articles/flvideo_bandwidth_print.html[/url]
reccommended by adobe, flashguru.com and many others as being the standard
method to use. However..... I've found I get some quite inconsistent results.
Apart from the odd drastically high/ low figure, in genereal the results seem
to be more than double the actual bandwidth available.

Has anyone else encountered this? How have you got round it? A nasty
workaround which seems to give slightly more realistic results is to check 5
times, delete any unfeasibly high/low figures, and then average the rest and X
0.4 ... but for this isn't a route I want to have to go down. And, from my
home network, on my imac that work around still gives figures which are far too
high.

I wonder if its something to do with my FMS configuration rather than the
code? Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated!