Professional Web Applications Themes

InDesign Alignment problems (corrupted files) - Adobe Indesign Windows

Hi, I have a user here experiencing some problems with Adobe InDesign. Her system specs are as follows: Windows 2000 SP4 with Office 2000 SP3. Her version of InDesign is CS 3.0.1. She actually showed me the problem and it seems really annoying. She can work for a very long time on a doent without problems. Suddenly, she starts experiencing alignment problems. What I mean by this is that the cursor seems to be out of space, always between two lines. When you try to delete or insert text, the modifications are not brought at the right place (where the ...

  1. #1

    Default InDesign Alignment problems (corrupted files)

    Hi,

    I have a user here experiencing some problems with Adobe InDesign. Her system specs are as follows: Windows 2000 SP4 with Office 2000 SP3. Her version of InDesign is CS 3.0.1.

    She actually showed me the problem and it seems really annoying. She can work for a very long time on a doent without problems. Suddenly, she starts experiencing alignment problems. What I mean by this is that the cursor seems to be out of space, always between two lines. When you try to delete or insert text, the modifications are not brought at the right place (where the cursor is). For instance, you try to delete some text, your cursor is between two lines, so you suppose it will delete the text on the closer one, however, the text is being deleted at a completely different place (like two rows down and ten columns aside). It is almost impossible to work under these conditions.

    I tried rebooting the machine, without success, the problems are still there. Some doents are fine, some others not. I installed InDesign on another machine (Win XP SP1 with Office 2003) and the results are the same (the files that appeared to be corrupted showed the same bugs). I tried isolating the problem, asking her if she is doing something particular before it starts "bugging". She tells me she is doing the same kind of operations she is doing with other doents. So, I am wondering why some doents suddenly become corrupted and others remain fine? I am saying they are corrupted because trying to keep working with the file is too painful, so the only solution is to start over a new doent. It can be frustrating for her, especially with a 40 pages doent.

    Clearly, it seems to be a "bug" in Adobe InDesign CS. I expected version 3.0.1 to fix it, but it didn't... I also saw other people on this forum experiencing the same problem and I didn't find any solution on the other topics.

    Adobe: If you want, I can send you a copy of a corrupted file.

    Jean-Philippe.
    Jean-Philippe_Cossette@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: InDesign Alignment problems (corrupted files)

    Do you have the paragraph composer on? If so, does it make a difference when you turn it off?
    Dominic_Hurley@adobeforums.com Guest