Professional Web Applications Themes

InDesign and Eagle Founder RIP - Adobe Indesign Windows

We are using InDesign 2.0. in a PC with Windows 2000, with 512 MB Ram. We have an Eagle Founder RIP Postcrip 3 and a Lyno 300. Whenever we try to print something from InDesign there is a message that says that the printer we have chosen is Postcript 1 and is not supported. We got in touch with the people of the RIP and they say it is a problem with the software. I have tried to get in touch with the people of Adobe with no results. Right now we need to print a book that was done ...

  1. #1

    Default InDesign and Eagle Founder RIP

    We are using InDesign 2.0. in a PC with Windows 2000, with 512 MB Ram. We have an Eagle Founder RIP Postcrip 3 and a Lyno 300. Whenever we try to print something from InDesign there is a message that says that the printer we have chosen is Postcript 1 and is not supported. We got in touch with the people of the RIP and they say it is a problem with the software. I have tried to get in touch with the people of Adobe with no results. Right now we need to print a book that was done in InDesign and do not know how to solve the problem.

    If we try to print something from Illustrator, specifclly color seps, it says that the PPD is not the same as the one chosen and some parts may be clipped or not printed properly. From PageMaker I cand Hardly print something.

    We can print from Corel, Canvas, Ventura and Xara

    Can anybody help me?

    Thanks
    Lionel Valentin
    Fast Printing
    [email]lionelfastprintingpr.com[/email]
    Lionel_Valentin@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: InDesign and Eagle Founder RIP

    If it's not genuine Adobe postscript there could be problems.

    But of the things to check on your end is making sure you're patched to
    ID 2.0.2.

    Bob

    Robert_Levine@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Lionel,

    Easiest way to verify the rip is to read the ppd file. ou can open it in notepad. Look for FormatVersion, PSVersion, LanguageLevel. Format version is which ppd revision it's using. PSVersion and LanguageLevel will tell you what Postscript level the Rip PPD is telling ID it is.

    For Example Distiller 5's PPD reads
    * FormatVersion: "4.3"
    * PSVersion" "(3011.104) 0"
    * LanguageLevel: "3"

    Alan
    Alan_Claytor@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Hi Alan

    It says Format Version: "4.2" PS Version:"(2013.114) 9" Language Level: "3"

    If there is something I can do let me know. I am just a Graphic Designer and do not know too much about computers

    Lionel
    Lionel_Valentin@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Hi Bob

    Yes we have updated to 2.02

    Lionel
    Lionel_Valentin@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Lionel,

    I'd see if they have an updated PPD for the printer. The Lino 330 ppd on the adobe download site is:
    * FormatVersion: "4.3"
    * PSVersion: "(2013.114) 9"
    * LanguageLevel: "2"

    As they both have the same PSVersion but report different language levels I'd question if one of them was incorrectly formatted.

  7. #7

    Thanks Alan. I really appreciate what you are doing.

    Lionel
    Lionel_Valentin@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Alan,

    We would like to upgrade to the new version of INDESIGN but since we are a service bureau it is useless for us having a software and not being available to print nothing from it.

    We solved the problem with ILLUSTRATOR and PAGEMAKER and now ILLUSTRATOR let us select the Postcript level we want; 1, 2 or 3. We copied the PPD to the PPD fowlder in both of them ILLUSTARTOR and PAGEMAKER, but we have not found where the hell can we do this in INDESIGN.

    Besides that we rally consider a lack of respect for a customer the attitude from the people at Adobe. I even faxed the problem to the headqaters and I have not received an answer.

    For the book we printed a hardcopy in a XANTE printer and then designed it in VENTURA and the we sent it to the Lyno.

    Thanks

    Lionel
    Fast Printing Inc
    Lionel_Valentin@adobeforums.com Guest