Professional Web Applications Themes

Indesign Crashes when I try to print - Adobe Indesign Windows

Please help. When I try to print from indesign the whole program exits. I am competely clueless as to why. It is CS #1 educational version. I bought it before graduating....

  1. #1

    Default Indesign Crashes when I try to print

    steve_f_price@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Indesign Crashes when I try to print

    More details please. What printer? What version of Windows? Are there
    any error messages when it crashes? Is it all doents or just one?

    Bob
    Bob Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Bob,
    Thanks for responding! I am running windows XP pro. It will not even allow me to get to the chose a printer screen. I hit ctrl P or mouse to print and "whamo" it closes down. I get the indesign.exe has encounted an error. Do you want to transmit data miscrosoft. It also says.

    If I click on more info i get the following

    C:\DOE~1\STEVEN~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\6035_appcompat. txt

    any help would be greatly appriciated!!
    Thanks,
    Steve
    steve_f_price@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    by the way...I have an HP 1200 laser printer.
    The whole program exits.

    Thanks
    steve_f_price@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Does this happen with any printer? Have you tried trashing your prefs?
    Does it happen with all files or just one in particular?

    Bob
    Bob Guest

  6. #6

    I'm not sure if it happens with more than one printer, because I am never given the chance to choose. Just the act of commanding to print causes the shutdown. It happens with all files.
    How do you trash prefs? I'll try anything
    Thanks!!
    steve_f_price@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    IMMEDIATELY after launching the program, hold down the ctrl+alt+shift
    keys. When asked if you want to delete the prefs, click yes.

    If you don't get that prompt, you weren't fast enough.

    Bob
    Bob Guest

  8. #8

    Trashed prefs, no luck. I was really hopeful. But easy come easy go. Any other ideas. I am REALLY grateful for your help.
    steve_f_price@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    It's a real long shot, but turn your hardware acceleration down to zero
    to test for a flakey video driver.

    Bob
    Bob Guest

  10. #10

    It's always worth checking for corrupt fonts as well. You say it happens
    with all doents, but just perhaps all those doents contain a font that
    is corrupt.

    Try making a doent with just a couple of characters of a nice safe system
    font like Arial and see if you get a crash when you try to print that.

    Ken_Grace@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Try making a doent with just a couple of characters of a nice safe
    system font like Arial and see if you get a crash when you try to print
    that.

    Or even a doent with no type. Draw a simple box and try and print that.
    Robert_Oliver@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    You could also change your default printer (if you have another one to try) before you start ID. That way you'd know if it was the print driver that was causing the problem.
    Robert Guest