Professional Web Applications Themes

InDesign CS Crashes in XP when copying text - Adobe Indesign Windows

I'm having a serious problem using InDesign; basically whenever I try to copy, cut, or even export from story editor any large amounts of text (and then, progressively smaller amounts of text until it simply shuts down altogether when I try to export/copy it) the program either crashes or just disappears with no explanation. This also happens on another computer similiar to mine in the exact same manner, so it's not a matter of computer-specific problems. Has anyone encountered this problem and either figured out how to solve it or how to cirvent this? Exporting to a pure text format ...

  1. #1

    Default InDesign CS Crashes in XP when copying text

    I'm having a serious problem using InDesign; basically whenever I try to copy, cut, or even export from story editor any large amounts of text (and then, progressively smaller amounts of text until it simply shuts down altogether when I try to export/copy it) the program either crashes or just disappears with no explanation. This also happens on another computer similiar to mine in the exact same manner, so it's not a matter of computer-specific problems. Has anyone encountered this problem and either figured out how to solve it or how to cirvent this? Exporting to a pure text format worked for a time but crashed later before I could finish exporting each individual story and no other format works *at all*. Any help would be appreciated.

    thanks
    Clint_A._May@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: InDesign CS Crashes in XP when copying text

    Sounds like either a font problem or possibly, but less likely, a video
    driver issue.

    Bob
    Bob Guest

  3. #3

    Hrm, maybe, but the font is the old reliable Times New Roman and both computers have different video drivers, so I doubt those could be the problems, but thanks for the reply.
    Clint_A._May@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Are you fully patched to CS 3.0.1(838)?

    Bob
    Bob Guest

  5. #5

    yup it's fully patched
    Clint_A._May@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Well then, there's the old standby--try trashing your prefs.

    Bob
    Bob Guest

  7. #7

    Still no luck; even a reinstall only worked for a bit before resorting to old problems. It might be intrinsic to the file since it does say it now "may be damaged" whenever I open it but how to fix that I don't know.
    Clint_A._May@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    If it's only that one doent try exporting it INX and opening that.

    Bob
    Bob Guest

  9. #9

    I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that format, I exported to it, now what do I do with it to put the text into Word?
    Clint_A._May@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Open it back up in InDesign. The idea is to remove any file corruption
    that's causing the crashes.

    Bob
    Bob Guest

  11. #11

    Hey! That worked! Thanks a bunch for the tip!
    Clint_A._May@adobeforums.com Guest