Professional Web Applications Themes

InDesign CS Problems... - Adobe Indesign Windows

Thanks all of you for the help. I have passed all of your comment on to my IT guy. I will be out viewing InDesign Training DVDs with host Steve Holmes. Gee I wonder if there is a ?'s and answer section on the DVD HA HA HA :)I will check back tomorrow! Thanks...

  1. #21

    Default Re: InDesign CS Problems...

    Scott_Brinkman@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #22

    Because it doesn't fix the problem.

    It fixed my toolbar problem.
    Ok so it doesn't fix the lock-ups, shut-downs and things like that but... aaaah never mind.
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #23

    It fixed my toolbar problem.

    This isn't about you.

    Think Carly Simon.
    Stu_Bloom@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #24

    I know, I was bringing that up because Scott wrote: Sure I have a few issues with wishing the toolbar were more like PM 7.0
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #25

    Just to clarify.... I am not having problems with the toolbar, I just like some of the option PM 7.0 had, such as the print icon and zooming etc......

    FYI...Tryin gto follow along with this training and use IDcs with it....and I cannot do it cause IDcs keeps closing down on me memory errors, etc.
    Scott_Brinkman@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #26

    Scott, you realize the PageMaker Plug-In pack is free for you, don't you? Just contact Adobe Customer Service and be willing to pay $5 for shipping.

    In my prior comment about the Novell client, I implied but didn't state that your current client is obviously no longer the Novell client. However, most of the same options exist within the Microsoft network client.

    Aaron
    Aaron_Malcom@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #27

    >>>(Scott, you realize the PageMaker Plug-In pack is free for you, >>>>don't
    you? Just contact Adobe Customer Service and be willing to >>>>pay $5
    for shipping.)

    I am getting a different story from Adobe when I call, and I might add they (customer service) has not be very helpful or polite!

    They are now telling me that I need to buy this Plug-in.....
    Scott_Brinkman@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #28

    Scott,

    If you bought the entire creative suite you get the plugins for free. If
    you only bought InDesign then you have to pay.

    Bob

    Bob_Levine Guest

  9. #29

    Scott,

    I apologize if what Robert says is true. I did purchase the complete suite last November but did not know that a Suite purchase was a prerequisite. I do now have the upgrade and it is nice.

    You will like the Plug-in Pack, though. I was strongly considering the $50 for it and in retrospect, it is worth it for anyone who is used to PageMaker.

    Take care,

  10. #30

    I am sorry but that is B.S.! That Adobe cannot put things to run the programs all in one pack, rather than charging for "plug-ins, etc.".
    But then again, what do you expect when they (Adobe) cannot even get their programs to run smoothly period.
    Scott_Brinkman@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #31

    What are you talking about, Scott? Did you buy the entire suite or just
    ID? The price of the CS didn't go up when they added the plugins but the
    price for ID did.

    You can buy ID with or without the plugins and the price difference is
    $49.00. If all you bought was ID then you're not entitled to a freebie.

    Bob

    Bob_Levine Guest

  12. #32

    The PageMaker Plug-ins simply weren't ready at the same time as the rest of the Creative Suite, including InDesign CS. Adobe could have delayed shipping all of their flagship applications for months just to wait for these plug-ins, or have waited to add those capabilities until the next version of InDesign. Neither of those seems like a reasonable option. (And yes, they really were developed separately from the main application, by a separate team.)

    Regards,

    Thomas_Phinney@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #33

    A good, sound reason Thomas.

    "or have waited to add those capabilities until the next version of
    InDesign."

    Are you saying that had they been ready in time they would have been
    incorporated with InDesign CS? If so, why is the plug-in available FOC to
    owners of the full suite, but only at a cost to users of InDesign alone?
    Would there have been two versions of InDesign - InDesign CS and InDesign
    not quite-CS?

    Ken_Grace@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #34

    To Thomas's remarks; I do not understand how the plig-ins can be ready for on program (if bundled) and not ready for the other program (bundled)??? May Adobe jumped the gun, or they have no faith in their users and they want to take them for all there worth and charge for the plug-ins.... Adobe is the first and only company that I have ran into that charges for these up-dates / plug-ins.

    Adobe, if your programs are not ready for release DO NOT release it!

    As far as the reason for this post, with the memory errors...I barely made it through the training videos do to all of the shut downs.....

    I just di nit get it!
    Scott_Brinkman@adobeforums.com Guest

  15. #35

    I think the sheer cost for the Creative Suite Premium (non-upgrade retail is somewhere around $2000) pushed Adobe toward providing it to those users.

    It seemed obvious that Adobe never intended to allow either Creative Suite owners or InDesign CS owners the Pagemaker plug-in for free. If you look back through the messages here, and the website as it was when the plug-in was slated for release, it was $50 for current owners.

    It was only through the complaints of those who had spent such huge total sums that Adobe relinquished for some owners. Even the message board here filtered the news down through complaint threads and a moderator or such mentioning that such owners may want to call Adobe themselves because they may "be a bit surprised" that the plug-in was essentially free for those who had mortgaged their homes.

    It was a pleasant surprise for some. It's too bad it wasn't for others such as yourself.

    Honestly, $50 is well-worth it for the package. We were only promised InDesign CS. Never the plug-in pack generally meant to only help Pagemaker users.

  16. #36

    As I think I already pointed out, the reasoning is that the plugins were
    added to the suite with no increase in price. That wasn't the case with
    simple InDesign purchases.

    ID with the plugins is $49.00 more than buying it without them.

    Bob

    Bob_Levine Guest

  17. #37

    Aaron all of your points are understood. Any yes, I agree it is an important plug-in ecspecially if you have been a PM 7.0 user. And yes we did end up purchasing the plug-in, BUT it is the principle of the matter as to how Adobe treats is customers......
    Scott_Brinkman@adobeforums.com Guest

  18. #38

    Scott, once again, I think your beef is with anyone who told you that
    you were entitled to a freebie if you didn't buy the entire suite.
    Nobody who purchased ID on its own got them for free.

    Bob

    Bob_Levine Guest

  19. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Scott_Brinkman@adobeforums.com Guest
    Moderated Post

  20. #40

    The program works as advertised. The plugins add functionality that many
    people don't want or need. For those that want or need the added
    features, the cost is $49.00.

    Instead of thinking that you're getting ed, it should be thought of
    as an incentive for suite purchasers.

    Bob

    Bob_Levine Guest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12