Professional Web Applications Themes

[InDesign CS] Text frame with rounded corners and vertical justification - Adobe Indesign Windows

Hi, I wonder why the Vertical Justification of text inside Text Frame Options isn't available when a text box has rounded corners. If one chooses to center the text vertically prior to applying rounded corners, the text jumps up to the top of the text frame when the corner effect gets applied. Is this a bug or a feature? :) -- Regards Madsen...

  1. #1

    Default [InDesign CS] Text frame with rounded corners and vertical justification

    --
    Regards
    Madsen

  2. #2

    Because vertically justifying in anything other than a rectangle is potentially unstable and can result all too easily result in an infinite loop.

    If you need it for a stand-alone frame, simply paste your rectangular text frame into a rounded-corner rectangle.

    Dave
    Dave_Saunders@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    [email]Dave_Saundersadobeforums.com[/email] wrote:
    > Because vertically justifying in anything other than a
    > rectangle is potentially unstable and can result all too
    > easily result in an infinite loop.
    Ahh okay. So that's the reason why it doesn't work.

    Thanks for your reply Dave.

  4. #4

    Quark works the same way...

    <Dave_Saundersadobeforums.com> wrote in message
    > Because vertically justifying in anything other than a rectangle is
    potentially unstable and can result all too easily result in an infinite
    loop.

    > If you need it for a stand-alone frame, simply paste your rectangular text
    frame into a rounded-corner rectangle.

    > Dave

    Dennis Gordon Guest

  5. #5

    Now I think of it, there is another solution:

    Make the insets of the text frame large enough that the text frame is perfectly rectangular. Then the justification will click back in -- but you must set it in advance. Once you activate the rounded corners, the controls for VJ are grayed out even when it works.

  6. #6

    [email]Dave_Saundersadobeforums.com[/email] wrote:
    > Make the insets of the text frame large enough that the text
    > frame is perfectly rectangular. Then the justification will
    > click back in -- but you must set it in advance.
    It works. Thanks again :)

  7. #7

    Of course I meant until the text area is perfectly rectangular.

    This also works if you use text wrap boundaries to make the actual area rectangular.