Professional Web Applications Themes

Indesign CS2 with Windows 64 Bit - Adobe Indesign Windows

Hello All I recently tried the Indesign trial download on my windows 64 bit machine and it ran fine for 3 weeks with no problems. I went out and bought a copy of the standard suite and loaded it. The load went fine including registering and entering serial number etc. The problem that I am having is when I try to start indesign it asks for my serial number. I enter it and the program says wrong serial number and kicks me out. I tried tech support a couple of times who weren't very helpful. The problem is obviously in ...

  1. #1

    Default Indesign CS2 with Windows 64 Bit

    Hello All
    I recently tried the Indesign trial download on my windows 64 bit machine and it ran fine for 3 weeks with no problems. I went out and bought a copy of the standard suite and loaded it. The load went fine including registering and entering serial number etc. The problem that I am having is when I try to start indesign it asks for my serial number. I enter it and the program says wrong serial number and kicks me out. I tried tech support a couple of times who weren't very helpful. The problem is obviously in the y protection software. Support linked me to a raid patch that did no good as well. I also tried to load it on my 32 bit machine and it runs fine there, but I want it on my 64 machine which is much better. my specs are as follows:

    MOBO: DFI lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D
    CPU: AMD 4800+ dual core water cooled
    Ram: 1 gig Corsair 3200XL low latency
    VID: EVGA 7800GTX water cooled
    HD: Twin 74 gig SATA raptors set raid 0
    Jim_Kimpel@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Indesign CS2 with Windows 64 Bit

    I think only Adobe support can help you with this one.

    Teus
    Teus_de_Jong@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    I don't think you're going to get much help. I believe Adobe will tell
    you that XP64 is not listed as a supported operating system.

    Bob
    Bob Guest

  4. #4

    s because the trial worked fine. their BS protection software s. Hope they do something about it soon. It's my last Adobe purchase for sure.
    Jim_Kimpel@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Hey, Jim? Wanna do a good deed? I loathe software activation myself, but since my profession pretty much requires Adobe products at this point, I can't make any "I'll take my business elsewhere!" comments. I'd be thrilled if you were to make that comment (re: BS) to Adobe directly (unless you've already done so). It seems that Adobe apps work just fine under XP64, but the activation app doesn't.

    (I've ran across this before, although not with Adobe software; something about unique processor identifiers, or some such. I had a great exchange with VP-of-unnamed-company, and I had a lot of fun telling him "After giving you a big wad of cash, my next move is to go download a crack. I'd really rather not, but it's better than putting up with your broken product activation, which would not be hard at all to put up with if it WORKED.")
    Joel_Cherney@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    "I don't think you're going to get much help. I believe Adobe will tell you that XP64 is not listed as a supported operating system."

    Well, if this is the case Bob, then a lot of people are going to be in a pickle when they buy a new 64bit Athlon / Pentium with Win 64 preloaded. What happens to them? Do they reformat and install Win XP?
    Ian_Matthew@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Right now it's unsupported. Keep in mind that driver conflicts can cause
    all kinds of issues for applications and many of the drivers out there
    for XP64 are betas or flakey initial releases.

    I'd personally wait until manufacturers start catching up.

    Bob
    Bob Guest

  8. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Jim_Kimpel@adobeforums.com Guest
    Moderated Post

  9. #9

    Well I found the solution to the problem on PlanetAMD64.
    If you have the trial edition and purchase the product and encounter this problem, use regedit to remove all entries associated with ADOBE in them. THen reinstall the program.
    Worked like a charm.

    Adobe tech support never suggested this.
    Jim_Kimpel@adobeforums.com Guest