Professional Web Applications Themes

InDesign ME Character Problem! Character-Change by Printing or saving *.PS! - Adobe Indesign Windows

Hi everybody! I have some problems with ME Version. When i want to print a page with FARSI-Text in it, he changes one character! on screen he shows it correctly, but if i want to print or want to make a Highres-PDF with Distiller he changes the "H" of FARSI to another character which has the same Unicodenumber:0647 ! When i print it out of WORD - everything is fine, when i EXPORT it from InDesign ME is it also correct! so i cant understand this! maybe You? thanks a lot! Christof B. [email]greeactive-web.cc[/email]...

  1. #1

    Default InDesign ME Character Problem! Character-Change by Printing or saving *.PS!

    gree@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Which Farsi font are you using when you have this problem?

    InDesign-ME includes a bundle of Arabic-Farsi fonts. The likely problem you have is using an older Farsi font, perhaps with no Unicode support. Try using the Lino Lotus font from the InDesign-ME bundle and see if the problem persists.
    remarkble@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Hi,

    thanks for ur fast reply, i use tha Font: Tahoma.
    it think its a unicode!

    will try this with the LL ID-ME font!

    Please reply!

    thanks
    whish u a nice weekend
    gree@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    What version of Distiller are you using? What printer driver? What OS are you on?

    Thomas_Phinney@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Hi,

    I am using...

    Windows 2000 Pro
    Distiller 5.0
    Printer: PostScript File
    PPD: Agfa Apogee Normalizer

    hope that this will help you!

    thanks
    gree
    gree@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    No real answers from me. You could try Acrobat 6, but no guarantees that will fix the problem....

    Thomas_Phinney@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    will try this, i hope it will work. :)

    thanks a lot!

    will post it later
    gree@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Hi, its me again :)

    tried yout idea, but it did not work. also tried to delete this one wrong character out of the font tahoma, but its still in the printed version - i dont know why ;(

    in the font editor i can overwrite this character with the wright one, i also can delete this - save it and when i look at insert glyphs in ID this character is back!
    that s ;(

    maybe you a other idea?
    thanks

    gree
    gree@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    What is FARSI?

    I had the same problem while working with a different language. The solution turned out to be that I needed to change the font I was using to something that my PS device could understand.
    Maybe your Tahoma just isn't PostScript compatible. I was using Tahoma, Myriad Pro and Arial before I switched to Arial L2 and solved the problem.
    The shock is that Myriad Pro is OpenType and OpenType should work for just about anything but it didn't.
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Good Morning,

    Thanks for your INFO i think thats the point!
    but what is the meaning for (arial) L2 ? does it mean Level2 or something else?

    FARSI: it is the language of the arabic/iran people, they have different language-styles and farsi is one of the most understandable :) something like this. i just talked to a friend about this and he told me this.

    so now i have to make a catalouge with arround 160 pages, and this in 14 languages, and only problem is farsi ;(

    thanks for your poste!

    gree
    gree@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    what is the meaning for (arial) L2 ?

    I belive it's Latin 2. I use it for Czech and Slovak. I will let you know what font you should be using, just let me get a second opinion and I'll be back with a response for you.
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    ok, you all time you need :)

    thanks a lot for your great help.
    other question, if you used it for czech and slovak, are you from there or?

    so i am from austria and we have to make a catalouge for our company, and so we also have to make one for arabic people.

    thanks!

    gree
    gree@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    if you used it for czech and slovak, are you from there or?

    It's "or", well, to fill you in, I am from Long Beach California in the United States of America. I work in the city of Huntington Beach on Technical Manuals in several languages.

    Here are the most common requests:

    Canadian French - Français Canadien
    Czech - Čeština
    Danish - Dansk
    Dutch - Nederlands
    English
    Estonian
    Finnish - Suomni
    French (Europe) - Français (I’euro)
    German - Deutsch
    Greek - Eλληνικά
    Hungarian - Magyar
    Italian - Italiano
    Japanese - 邦人
    Latavian
    Lithuanian
    Norwegian - Norsk
    Polish - Polisky
    Portuguese (Portugal) - Português
    Portuguese (Brazil) - Português
    Russian - Руский
    Spanish (Spain) - Español
    Spanish (Latin America) - Español
    Swedish - Svenska
    Slovak - Slovenčia
    Slovenenian - Slovenski
    Turkish - Türk, Türkçe

    I need to have the right fonts for each language so when I print a hard copy/send out the CD with the PDF version of the manual in it, the end user will be able to see and read all the characters properly. I've had a few problems in the past but with the help of other forum users, I've overcome the problems by asking questions here. Were very helpful to each other. If you need more help I strongly recommend you keep coming back here with any questions you may have.

    My contact did not get back to me yet but here is a site you can look at that may be helpful.
    <http://www.arabicdtp.com/font/arabicpersian.html>

    Maybe you could buy one of the listed fonts from someone.
    They have Boutros Ads Pro, DTP Naskh OT, DecoType Thuluth OT, Linotype AlHarf AlJadid, Linotype Lotus, Linotype Mariam, Linotype Qadi, Sakkal Maya Pro, Sakkal Seta Pro, WinSoft Naskh Pro and WinSoft Thuluth Pro

    Take a look at [url]www.WinSoft.fr[/url] too.
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    You can find some more useful info about the Tahoma font and more here.
    <http://students.washington.edu/irina/persianword/fonts.htm>
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

  15. #15

    ok, thanks a lot!

    we will check this here, and i hope that it works :)
    thank you very much!

    * i also want to life in california *mhhhh

    wish you a nice day.

    cia

    gree
    gree@adobeforums.com Guest

  16. #16

    InDesign-ME has a great 'Export PDF'. One thing I didn't ask you about. When creating the PDF, try doing so directly from InDesign-ME (File menu > Export). Make sure you select "100%" Embed Fonts.

    This should resolve your problem.
    remarkble@adobeforums.com Guest

  17. #17

    Hi,

    yes i know that it works this way, but we need the special setting from distiller, but i will check this way also.

    thanks 4 all your great help!

    when u will come to austria, visit me!
    gree@adobeforums.com Guest

  18. #18

    You're welcome

    i also want to life in california *mhhhh

    It's not as great as you may have heard it is. Sure there's plenty of fun things to do here but there is too many people so there's always traffic at all hours of the day. The jobs here only pay you enough to survive since the cost of living is extremely high. Gasoline is almost up to two and a half US dollars per gallon and a 3 bedroom home will cost you anywhere between $400,000 to $700,000 depending on which area you live in. Do the math.

    Make sure you select "100%" Embed Fonts.

    Please note that the Nazanin and Kamran fonts can not PDF properly so you will either need to use one of the fonts in the Borna Rayaneh Co link or create outlines. I'm not sure if the embedding permissions will allow for 100% embedding. Also, be aware that creating outlines will reduce the quality a little bit when exported to PDF.
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

  19. #19

    outlines will reduce the quality a little bit

    thats true. so i have to talk with my boss and than i will see what we are doing... we are to busy at the moment, so we have to leave this now, but in a few days we will check this.

    mhh Gabriel, so you have to get a better payed job :)

    am only in the apprenticeship, so you can imagine that i dont get much money ;(
    gree@adobeforums.com Guest

  20. #20

    when u will come to austria, visit me

    You'll have to promise an open bar (free drinks). :D
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast