Professional Web Applications Themes

INFORMATION CANON DIGITAL SLR - SECOND - Photography

Hi Looking for a Canon Digital SLR I am in Brisbane Lokiing for a price guide to give me some idea of comparisions Michael...

  1. #1

    Default INFORMATION CANON DIGITAL SLR - SECOND

    Hi
    Looking for a Canon Digital SLR

    I am in Brisbane

    Lokiing for a price guide to give me some idea of comparisions

    Michael

    Michael Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: INFORMATION CANON DIGITAL SLR - SECOND

    Do a bit of research :P Information isnt hard to find!

    [url]www.dpreview.com.au[/url]

    give that a go.. you've really got a fairly limited range to choose from in
    Canon Digital SLRs...

    1Ds (~$14k)
    1D (~10k)
    10D (~$3500)

    "Michael" <mickbebigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > Looking for a Canon Digital SLR
    >
    > I am in Brisbane
    >
    > Lokiing for a price guide to give me some idea of comparisions
    >
    > Michael

    Ubiquitous Guest

  3. #3

    In article <HZRPa.2002$wU5.893news-server.bigpond.net.au>, "Michael" <mickbebigpond.net.au> wrote:
    >Hi
    >Looking for a Canon Digital SLR
    >
    >I am in Brisbane
    >
    >Lokiing for a price guide to give me some idea of comparisions
    >
    >Michael

    [url]http://canon.com.au/products/cameras/digital_slr.html[/url]

    theres only 3 to choose from. the EOS-1Ds, 1D and 10D. AU$17K, $10K and
    $3.5K.

    for *detailed* reviews i suggest
    [url]http://www.dpreview.com[/url]

    for hands on look try "photo continentals" in mt gravatt. they have all the
    models mentioned above and are willing to let you play with them (after
    waiting an hour to actually get serviced). their prices are also the highest
    in brisbane so when you've had a good play at PC go to the city and try
    rainer's or ted's for better prices.

    OT, has anyone tried PC to price match ted's or rainer's?
    Obake Guest

  4. #4

    > [url]http://canon.com.au/products/cameras/digital_slr.html[/url]
    >
    > theres only 3 to choose from. the EOS-1Ds, 1D and 10D. AU$17K, $10K and
    > $3.5K.

    What's wrong with a used body ?

    Miro Guest

  5. #5

    Ahhh shuddup, you're always attacking people regarding their information.
    Why don't you reply directly to Michael and give HIM the advice on used
    digital SLR bodies instead? He needs the advise, we don't need your :P

    " Miro" <miro01hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:3f102228$0$1211$afc38c87news.optusnet.com.au ...

    > > [url]http://canon.com.au/products/cameras/digital_slr.html[/url]
    > >
    > > theres only 3 to choose from. the EOS-1Ds, 1D and 10D. AU$17K, $10K
    and
    > > $3.5K.
    > >

    > What's wrong with a used body ?

    Ubiquitous Guest

  6. #6

    In article <3f102228$0$1211$afc38c87news.optusnet.com.au>, " Miro" <miro01hotmail.com> wrote:

    >> [url]http://canon.com.au/products/cameras/digital_slr.html[/url]
    >>
    >> theres only 3 to choose from. the EOS-1Ds, 1D and 10D. AU$17K, $10K and
    >> $3.5K.
    >>

    >What's wrong with a used body ?

    you want me to search ebay and list prices for him?! he can do his own bloody
    homework :)
    Obake Guest

  7. #7

    rainers and teds better prices? are you serious???

    in my experience, photo continental, whilst not *cheap*, is almost always
    less expensive than either of those ripoff chains... alternately, try
    [url]www.dirtcheapcameras.com.au[/url] who tend to have amongst the best prices- but of
    course it's not as easy or cheap if you have to exchange an imperfect lens
    than if you buy locally

    and BTW when i bought my D60 + 3 lenses and extras, PC actually beat the DCC
    prices by a couple of points... which made them approximately 20 to 25% LESS
    than either rainers or teds.

    "Obake" <obakegehenna.com> wrote in message
    news:3f10018a$0$20076$afc38c87news.optusnet.com.a u...

    > for hands on look try "photo continentals" in mt gravatt. they have all
    the
    > models mentioned above and are willing to let you play with them (after
    > waiting an hour to actually get serviced). their prices are also the
    highest
    > in brisbane so when you've had a good play at PC go to the city and try
    > rainer's or ted's for better prices.
    >
    > OT, has anyone tried PC to price match ted's or rainer's?

    Warren Prasek Guest

  8. #8

    In article <3f10a4dc$0$26533$afc38c87news.optusnet.com.au> , "Warren Prasek" <newsgroupspam at deletethisbit dot wprasek dotcom> wrote:
    >rainers and teds better prices? are you serious???
    >
    >in my experience, photo continental, whilst not *cheap*, is almost always
    >less expensive than either of those ripoff chains... alternately, try
    >[url]www.dirtcheapcameras.com.au[/url] who tend to have amongst the best prices- but of
    >course it's not as easy or cheap if you have to exchange an imperfect lens
    >than if you buy locally
    >
    >and BTW when i bought my D60 + 3 lenses and extras, PC actually beat the DCC
    >prices by a couple of points... which made them approximately 20 to 25% LESS
    >than either rainers or teds.
    i don't know about other cameras or accesories, but when i was quoted 10D pro
    kit prices rainers had the best price, followered by teds then PC. i'll just
    say rainers' was cheaper then DCC even before postage. Ted's was about the
    same if you included postage costs, but i'd rather get local for IF anything
    goes wrong.
    Obake Guest

  9. #9

    "Ubiquitous" <diliffiinet.net.au> wrote in message
    news:3f102dab$0$23605$5a62ac22freenews.iinet.net. au...
    > Ahhh shuddup, you're always attacking people regarding their information.
    > Why don't you reply directly to Michael and give HIM the advice on used
    > digital SLR bodies instead? He needs the advise, we don't need your
    :P

    Try oral rehydration therapy for that condition.

    Miro Guest

  10. #10

    Try answering my question.

    news:3f10bfa5$0$1212$afc38c87news.optusnet.com.au ...

  11. #11

    Dirt Cheap Cameras do sell Pro Canon. Have a look at the range on the
    website. The link you're referring to (at least I'm assuming) is actually a
    different site run by the owners of Dirt Cheap Cameras. They're the same
    people with the same prices - i'm not sure why they've chosen to do it that
    way but I assure you its the same company.

    "auspics" <justthe.groups.please> wrote in message
    > I bought a 10D (Propack) at Teds last month for $3500.00.
    > They have a used D30 (Propack) for sale at about $2250.00 right now. Photo
    > Continetal are not interested in talking about price matching, Rainers
    > didn't have a clue as to when they would have stock and Dirt Cheap Cameras
    > don't sell Professional Canon (so it would seem)... They server you off to
    > somewhere else and the price is over the top.
    > JT
    >
    > "Michael" <mickbebigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > > Looking for a Canon Digital SLR
    > >
    > > I am in Brisbane
    > >
    > > Lokiing for a price guide to give me some idea of comparisions
    > >
    > > Michael

    Ubiquitous Guest

  12. #12

    "Ubiquitous" <diliffiinet.net.au> wrote in message
    news:3f110b5f$0$23615$5a62ac22freenews.iinet.net. au...
    > Try answering my question.

    There was no question just doubt on your part.

    Miro Guest

  13. #13

    No, there was quite clearly a question. Here it is:

    Why don't you reply directly to Michael and give HIM the advice on used
    digital SLR bodies instead?

    And don't use your psychobabble to avoid the question. Give me an answer.

    news:3f113158$0$1206$afc38c87news.optusnet.com.au ...

  14. #14

    It matters not.
    DC's prices are no cheaper and most higher more than talking to a local
    camera store.
    All this negative stuff about not doing business with Teds because of some
    minor problem someone experienced at some time in the past is clouding the
    fact that if you push Teds (in Brisbane at any rate) they'll give you a
    really good price on the spot.

    If you're like many people who "shop around" you'll get dusted off. Hold
    your credit card in your hand and they'll be just as serious to sell you a
    camera as you are to buy one. The best price I had from Photo Continental
    was $3900 and from Dirt cheap, $3650. I called Teds and asked for their best
    price on that day. They asked when I was buying and I said right now. They
    replied "$3500 if you pick it up today"... And I did. I'm still waiting for
    Dirt Cheap's e-mail!
    JT

    "Ubiquitous" <diliffiinet.net.au> wrote in message
    news:3f110c22$0$23602$5a62ac22freenews.iinet.net. au...
    > Dirt Cheap Cameras do sell Pro Canon. Have a look at the range on the
    > website. The link you're referring to (at least I'm assuming) is actually
    > different site run by the owners of Dirt Cheap Cameras. They're the same
    > people with the same prices - i'm not sure why they've chosen to do it
    that
    > way but I assure you its the same company.

    auspics Guest

  15. #15

    "Ubiquitous" <diliffiinet.net.au> wrote in message
    news:3f11391b$0$23588$5a62ac22freenews.iinet.net. au...
    > No, there was quite clearly a question. Here it is:
    >
    > Why don't you reply directly to Michael and give HIM the advice on used
    > digital SLR bodies instead?
    >
    > And don't use your psychobabble to avoid the question. Give me an answer.
    Well you seem to know the answer. Why dont you tell everyone.

    Miro Guest

  16. #16

    No, I'd like you to answer the question.

    news:3f115e07$0$1207$afc38c87news.optusnet.com.au ...

  17. #17

    news:3f116c35$0$23611$5a62ac22freenews.iinet.net. au...

  18. #18

    On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 22:26:07 +1000, "Ubiquitous" <diliffiinet.net.au>
    wrote:

    >give that a go.. you've really got a fairly limited range to choose from in
    >Canon Digital SLRs...
    >
    >1Ds (~$14k)
    >1D (~10k)
    >10D (~$3500)
    I have not used this store so can't vouch for them but their 10D price
    seems pretty good at $2699 including GST.
    [url]http://camera.centre.net.au/Canon_000642.html[/url]

    Tony Rae Guest

  19. #19

    How can you expect someone to give you a price on something they don't have?
    To give you a price on a Pro Lens, they would need to contact Canon and get
    the days price. To quote on a 10D they have to have the invoice to protect
    themselves from price fluctuation.

    You give DC the chance to do that yet expect to walk into a store and have
    them wave their magic wand. Sure you're not being lopsided here and
    expecting the impossible from one while promoting the other?
    JT

    news:3f114121$0$23600$5a62ac22freenews.iinet.net. au...

  20. #20

    The difference is that DC have done their homework in advance - in the end,
    what the customer wants is a quick, simple and cheap transaction - if thats
    too hard for a store to manage, they won't compete.

> [...]
    > > >
    > > > If you're like many people who "shop around" you'll get dusted off.
    Hold
    > > > your credit card in your hand and they'll be just as serious to sell
    you
    > > > camera as you are to buy one. The best price I had from Photo
    > Continental
    > > > was $3900 and from Dirt cheap, $3650. I called Teds and asked for
    their
    > > best
    > > > price on that day. They asked when I was buying and I said right now.
    > They
    > > > replied "$3500 if you pick it up today"... And I did. I'm still
    waiting
    > > for
    > > > Dirt Cheap's e-mail!
    > > > JT
    > > >
    > > > "Ubiquitous" <diliffiinet.net.au> wrote in message
    > > > news:3f110c22$0$23602$5a62ac22freenews.iinet.net. au...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast