Professional Web Applications Themes

Inkjets: can they print graphics embedded in Word doents? - Photography

Here's a newbie question. I'm planning on printing photos that I have scanned from my family's photo albums. I have embedded them as fields into a Word doent -- this allowed me to put multiple photos on a page, with captions beneath each. To fit them on the page, I have scaled each of them to the desired size. Will the Canon i950 (or any similar photo inkjet) do a good job of printing these pages? I don't care about the text quality. My concern is the photo quality. Does a photo inkjet expect to receive a single graphics file, ...

  1. #1

    Default Inkjets: can they print graphics embedded in Word doents?

    Here's a newbie question.

    I'm planning on printing photos that I have scanned from my family's
    photo albums. I have embedded them as fields into a Word doent --
    this allowed me to put multiple photos on a page, with captions
    beneath each. To fit them on the page, I have scaled each of them to
    the desired size.

    Will the Canon i950 (or any similar photo inkjet) do a good job of
    printing these pages? I don't care about the text quality. My
    concern is the photo quality. Does a photo inkjet expect to receive
    a single graphics file, or will it do a good job in this format as well?

    Thanks for any help or advice!

    | Larry King \\|// |
    | univ of washington ( ) |
    |---------------------------------------------------oOO-(_)-OOo-----|
    | Science Fiction Timeline Site |
    | http://www.chronology.org/ |
    | Tolkien ... Babylon 5 ... Niven ... Pournelle |

    Lawrence Guest

  2. #2

    "Lawrence King" <org> wrote

    I've used Word 2000 'compilations' on a HP 3820 printer, and they came out
    very well. I'm sure others will tell you to use other programmes more
    suitable for this kind of work, but frankly once you've worked out how to
    format the pictures so they don't push text and / or each other all over the
    page it's quite straight forward and doesn't seem to confuse the printer at
    all.

    Another alternative that is almost as easy is to make an HTML page in
    FrontPage (or whatever you have) and print that. This is a good way of
    setting up multiple pages in the same style.

    Paul

    Paul Guest

  3. #3

    If you have a good driver, it should be no problem. From my experience
    Word does not seem to handle them as well as a real graphics program, but
    that could be just my imagination.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    "Lawrence King" <org> wrote in message

    Joseph Guest

  4. #4

    "Lawrence King" <org> skrev i melding

    A photoprinter (all of them) will print whatever you send to it. The driver
    is universal "Windows" and all you can put together in a Windows app. will
    also be printed. But I do not think the Word with photos is any good idea,
    and will sertainly not give you the extra quality from a photoprinter. I
    would suggest a program from Adobe, Elements 2 if you do not nead the extra
    functions in Photoshop 7.0. There you are able to put several photos on a
    "page" and text in between as you want. But go on and try the Word printing
    and find out yourself, the printer will not be the limit.

    Ivan

    Ivan Guest

  5. #5

    Instead of using Word, you might consider a desktop publishing program
    like MS Publisher. They are much mor suited to moving pictures and text
    boxes around on the page. Actually, if you have MS Office, you might
    try PowerPoint instead of Word.

    One Guest

  6. #6

    "Joseph Meehan" <com> wrote in message
    experience

    A graphics program is best for printing photos, but if you want to set up a
    page with pictures and text a page-layout program is better. Word can do
    it, but it is far easier with MS Publisher or similar programs.

    Marvin Guest