Professional Web Applications Themes

inner glows for frames ?? - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Yes indeed ;) I was fiddling around again making styles and I came up with some interesting inner glow styles in PS that are kind of cool for using as frames. Also good for use in large shapes and large text. They are all in white but you can change the color afterwards in PE by first rasterizing the layer ( simplify )>use rectangular marquee and make a selection around inside the glow>select inverse>layer>new fill layer>solid or gradient>check 'group with previous'>most blending modes will work....('normal'will work if you lower the opacity) and there you have it. File size around 28kb....

  1. #1

    Default inner glows for frames ??

    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: inner glows for frames ??

    OK, so I haven't seen the sun in 2 weeks and it's driving me stir crazy. Weather in the North East needs to change !!!! All I can do is play these days.

    The inner glow styles do this <http://www.mybizz.net/l/w/lwsfrye/inglos.jpg>

    They only need your imagination :)
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Hey, Jodi...Did you know some of your frame styles look nice on text?
    Terri_Foster@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Hi Jodi, Your inner glows are neat! Are you going to have Ray make some of them available like he did with your awesome frames?
    (Text too, I didn't think of that.)
    I finally have gotten to the point that I am beginning to understand what is going on! I have learned so much from this great forum, I just leave it connected all day long on my computer.
    Thanks again, Jane
    Jane_Carter@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Terri, great ! :)...the more options the merrier !

    Jane, just click on my name up here for my e-mail address and I'll send them to you...the inner glows. It's a very small file so sending them from my box is not a problem. Thanks for your interest !
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Jodi, the metal frames look great on some of the shapes too. Just remember to sharpen edges on shapes before application of style. Try out one on the butterfly that came prepackaged...it turns out super cool.

    Terri
    Terri_Foster@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Terri, I'm glad you are enjoying my frame styles. There is no doubt that they will come in handy for almost anything. The inner glow styles work great on the snowflake shapes....oh wait, i downloaded those from somewhere....give me a minute and I'll get you the link.
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Here is the link to the snowflake shapes...Great for makin' X-mas cards etc... everyone should have them

    <http://graphicssoft.about.com/library/free/blfree_pssh3.htm>

    And here the the link to their main page to find more Photoshop goodies ( bottom of page )

    <http://graphicssoft.about.com/library/free/bl_free.htm>

    Enjoy !

    edit: the PNG objects on center of page work in Photoshop elements as well
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    What a great idea! I hadn't thought about using them on snow flakes. I've already done a Christmas Card from a photo of one of my aunt's grandchildren last evening from an e-mail photo...thanks to help from Ken. I just think it really puts a personal touch on a card. I'll go check out that site for sure. Thanks for the links they will definitely get use.

    Terri
    Terri_Foster@adobeforums.com Guest