Professional Web Applications Themes

Input on Searching and Data Retrieval for a PDF Collection - Adobe Acrobat Windows

Hello, I am looking for input on what tools and/or programming environment should be selected for a PDF search project. The final product will be a standalone application, and it is to search and return results from a collection of PDF doents. Each PDF doent contains multiple articles, and we would like for the user to be able to run a full text search, and to see the search results returned with the title of the articles (not the name of the PDF doent that contains the article). If the user selects one of the articles, then the corresponding PDF ...

  1. #1

    Default Input on Searching and Data Retrieval for a PDF Collection

    Hello,

    I am looking for input on what tools and/or programming environment should be selected for a PDF search project. The final product will be a standalone application, and it is to search and return results from a collection of PDF doents. Each PDF doent contains multiple articles, and we would like for the user to be able to run a full text search, and to see the search results returned with the title of the articles (not the name of the PDF doent that contains the article). If the user selects one of the articles, then the corresponding PDF doent should be opened, and then automatically scroll to the location of the article. The keywords used for the search should be highlighted in the body of the text. The PDFs are distributed by a CD, and the search interface can either reside on the CD or be installed locally on the computer. We can embed additional information in the PDFs if needed to achieve this functionality. The application can reside entirely within Acrobat Reader or a Web browser if a standalone application is not feasible or cost effective.

    Any input would be greatly appreciated! We are not limited to a programming environment -- once we determine the best approach (or find out if this is at all even possible), we will be contracting out the development effort.

    Thanks in advance for your help!

    Best regards,
    Wilbur Shen
    Wilbur_Shen@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    We make a tool that is ideal for what you describe. <http://www.artspdf.com/arts_pdf_search.asp>

    Further, we have a development team that will help you implement it if you like. <http://www.artspdf.com/solutions/>
    Gary_A.@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Wilbur,

    I have developed what you require, and would be happy to email to you the reference site for you to evaluate. Please send me your email address to: [email]andrewheronhouse.biz[/email]

    Andrew
    Andrew_E_D_Clark@adobeforums.com Guest