Professional Web Applications Themes

insert a record - ASP Database

Hi every one, I have a problem inserting a record... error 500.100 (Operation must use an updateable query) or Unknown variable or something... I am creating the web site with Macromedia dreamweaver.. Please help...

  1. #1

    Default insert a record

    Hi every one, I have a problem inserting a record...
    error 500.100 (Operation must use an updateable query) or
    Unknown variable or something...

    I am creating the web site with Macromedia dreamweaver..

    Please help

    Tom Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: insert a record

    > error 500.100 (Operation must use an updateable query) or

    Stop using ODBC!
    [url]http://www.aspfaq.com/2126[/url]

    Fix IUSR permissions!
    [url]http://www.aspfaq.com/2062[/url]

    And stop using Access, if possible.
    > Unknown variable or something...
    "or something..."? If you want *SPECIFIC* help, it helps if you're
    *SPECIFIC.*
    > I am creating the web site with Macromedia dreamweaver..
    Fabulous. Please don't show the spaghetti code it has already mangled for
    you...

    --
    [url]http://www.aspfaq.com/[/url]
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP] Guest

  3. #3

    Well, I still have the problem after adding my computer's
    name and read/write had checked... What can I do now.. I
    am using dreamweaver, and access

    Guest

  4. #4

  5. #5

    On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 13:16:53 -0700,
    <anonymousdiscussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >Well, I still have the problem after adding my computer's
    >name and read/write had checked... What can I do now.. I
    >am using dreamweaver, and access
    Okay, I'll try this time:

    What friggin' problem?

    Have you looked at:

    "How do I solve 'Operation must use an updateable query' errors?"
    [url]http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2062[/url]

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran Guest

  6. #6

    Hi, actually I did read Aaron's reply and the links, the
    problem is that I don't know much ASP, that is the reason
    I use Dreameaver (...)
    If I add these code lines instead of the ones generated
    for me, will I have to change anything else in the code
    or just this specific part?

    Tnx again

    will be useful, but
    >without any warranty; without even the implied warranty
    of merchantability
    >or fitness for a particular purpose. */
    >Technet Script Center -
    [url]http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/[/url]
    >WSH 5.6 Doentation -
    [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/list/webdev.asp[/url]
    >MSDN Library -
    [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp[/url]

    >.

    Guest

  7. #7

    : Hi, actually I did read Aaron's reply and the links, the
    : problem is that I don't know much ASP, that is the reason
    : I use Dreameaver (...)
    : If I add these code lines instead of the ones generated
    : for me, will I have to change anything else in the code
    : or just this specific part?

    Ok, probably my oversight. Dreamweaver is designed so you don't have to
    touch the code.
    Not sure what all would need to be changed but we can make changes and work
    from there. First you have a connectivity issue and what appears to be a
    rights issue so those need to be looked at first. If you're not sure how to
    do what is offered, you need to respond with that so more help can be given.
    We don't know what you know and we cannot see your screen so you must
    provide detail to help us visualize what is going on.

    If you create a folder called c:\db and set security rights with Windows
    Explorer to 'change' or 'modify' for the IUSR_computername account, Full
    rights for SYSTEM user and Administrator's group, then that part is done.
    Then work on modifying your code for the ADO connection to OLEDB pointing
    your data source to c:\db\mydb.mdb substituting whatever name you named your
    database. Also, you have to move the database into that folder. Then try
    to connect and post what happens. If that works, great. If not, please
    provide a detailed error message and we'll work on it from there.

    None of this is rocket science, it's just unfamiliar territory, but someone
    here can help you get it worked out.

  8. #8

    On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 22:44:35 -0700,
    <anonymousdiscussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >Hi, actually I did read Aaron's reply and the links, the
    >problem is that I don't know much ASP, that is the reason
    >I use Dreameaver (...)
    You may find yourself learning more ASP than you wanted... :)
    >If I add these code lines instead of the ones generated
    >for me, will I have to change anything else in the code
    >or just this specific part?
    The issue is not what you need to add, but what DreamWeaver might
    alter on you. You might ask in a DreamWeaver forum for answers that
    would be specific to your environment.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran Guest