Professional Web Applications Themes

Insert data from form field to php page - Dreamweaver AppDev

I am a brand new to php \ mysql (one+ week :)). I created a php form in drmwvr, with the contents being deposited into a mysql db. That part works fine. When the person submits the form, I have a confirm_enroll.php page that appears. I would like to have the "FirstName" field from the form appear in the text of the confirm_enroll.php page. I have tried any number of ways, but I can only seem to get the first record from the database (not from the form, which is the one that I want). Also, how would I go ...

  1. #1

    Default Insert data from form field to php page

    I am a brand new to php \ mysql (one+ week :)). I created a php form in
    drmwvr, with the contents being deposited into a mysql db. That part works
    fine. When the person submits the form, I have a confirm_enroll.php page that
    appears. I would like to have the "FirstName" field from the form appear in the
    text of the confirm_enroll.php page. I have tried any number of ways, but I
    can only seem to get the first record from the database (not from the form,
    which is the one that I want).

    Also, how would I go about having the form results emailed to me, in addition
    to being deposited into the database? Thanks for the help!

    blu_sky Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Insert data from form field to php page

    Hi,
    There are no default ways to insert the information in the database and
    send the e-mail in the same time. While you might be able to do this
    programming, I will suggest you a simpler path - getting an extension
    that will do your work.

    [url]http://www.interaktonline.com/Products/Dreamweaver-Extensions/ImpAKT/Overview/[/url]

    Not only you'll get the possibility to insert in the database, send
    e-mails and validate forms, but you'll also be able to do a lot of other
    stuff.

    And we'll also help you on our forums on your specific problem, we are
    offering a second to none support for our clients

    Alexandru

    --
    InterAKT Online - Dreamweaver extensions
    [url]http://www.interaktonline.com/[/url]

  3. #3

    Yeah, I can help you too - buy MY product.... chump.

    blu-sky, hope you made progress over the weekend, I'm not too far in front of
    you. If you didn't, pass the key of the record you inserted in your enroll
    page as a parameter (easy from the 'insert record' property window) to your
    confirm page, then simply use that parameter to retrieve another record set in
    confirm_enroll.php - you can place any independent data element on your page by
    dragging it from the bindings recordset.

    ...can't help you with the email yet.

    P-Egg Guest