Professional Web Applications Themes

Insert image ont top of another image? - HTML & CSS

Hey Everyone I am new to Dreamweaver as you may have noticed, however what I am doing is building a simple web site for my photography business. What I am trying to do is insert the image of my header and then I have 3 icons I want to insert on top due to the fact that each icon needs a seperate hyperlink (contact, portfolio, about me etc...) however I have yet to find a way in Dreamweaver to have an image on TOP of another image (one brought to the front and the other behind for example). It seems ...

  1. #1

    Default Insert image ont top of another image?

    Hey Everyone

    I am new to Dreamweaver as you may have noticed, however what I am doing is
    building a simple web site for my photography business.

    What I am trying to do is insert the image of my header and then I have 3
    icons I want to insert on top due to the fact that each icon needs a seperate
    hyperlink (contact, portfolio, about me etc...) however I have yet to find a
    way in Dreamweaver to have an image on TOP of another image (one brought to the
    front and the other behind for example). It seems as though they can ONLY be
    beside one another??

    Is this possible and if so PLEASe let me know how!

    Thanks a lot!

    328iGuy Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Insert image ont top of another image?

    There are a few different ways of doing this, however, I think that the easiest
    way for you would probably be to just add the icons to the image in your
    imaging application (photoshop, etc.) and then create hotspot links over the
    image.

    To do this first add the icons to your header image in your immageing app.
    Then drop your image into dreamweaver, and make sure it is selected. In the
    properties box you will (should) notice, in the lower left corner, 3 lightblue
    icons: a rectangle, circle, and a polygon. depending on the shape you want you
    can select one and then drag a box around the area that you want to make a link.
    after you have created your shape you will see a box in the properties box
    that will say "Link" add your link to the box and test it out.

    this is only one way of doing what you asked, and probably the easiest for
    someone just starting in dreamweaver.

    acidrain9 Guest

  3. #3

    Originally posted by: acidrain9
[...]

    This is 100% exactly what I wanted, thanks so much. Going to test that out as
    we speak!

    328iGuy Guest

  4. #4

    Worked perfect just as you quoted.

    One more question hopefully you can answer, where is the setting within
    dreamer to setup a link to force open a new window instead opening inside the
    existing window?

    328iGuy Guest

  5. #5

    Target field on the Property inspector - use "_blank".

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "328iGuy" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Worked perfect just as you quoted.
    >
    > One more question hopefully you can answer, where is the setting within
    > dreamer to setup a link to force open a new window instead opening inside
    > the
    > existing window?

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  6. #6

    Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
    Target field on the Property inspector - use "_blank".

    I don't see any target fields? Can you explain?
    328iGuy Guest

  7. #7

    Select the link. Look at the Property inspector. See it?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

  8. #8

    Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
    Select the link. Look at the Property inspector. See it?

    --

    Yah I got it....

    Just wondering how to set a pop up window size now explained above?

    Thanks a lot for the help!

    328iGuy Guest

  9. #9

    Use the OpenBrowserWindow behavior in Dreamweaver.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575

    > Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
    > Select the link. Look at the Property inspector. See it?
    >
    > --
    >

    > Yah I got it....
    >
    > Just wondering how to set a pop up window size now explained above?
    >
    > Thanks a lot for the help!

    Murray *TMM* Guest