Professional Web Applications Themes

Insert PDF movie links from TeX source file? - Mac Applications & Software

[I asked this question already, but unsuccessfully, on comp.text.pdf, but I think not yet on these groups. If I'm remembering incorrectly, apologies.] I prepare doents using TeX (Plain, not LaTeX), distill to PDF, then insert movie links (links to .mov files) by hand using Acrobat. If I know in advance which .mov files are going to be involved, is there a way to insert the movie links right from the start, in the TeX source file, and have the necessary coding survive the typesetting and distillation processes? Thanks for any pointers. [Mac OS 9.2, Textures, Acrobat 6.0.]...

  1. #1

    Default Insert PDF movie links from TeX source file?

    [I asked this question already, but unsuccessfully, on comp.text.pdf,
    but I think not yet on these groups. If I'm remembering incorrectly,
    apologies.]

    I prepare doents using TeX (Plain, not LaTeX), distill to PDF, then
    insert movie links (links to .mov files) by hand using Acrobat.

    If I know in advance which .mov files are going to be involved, is there
    a way to insert the movie links right from the start, in the TeX source
    file, and have the necessary coding survive the typesetting and
    distillation processes?

    Thanks for any pointers.

    [Mac OS 9.2, Textures, Acrobat 6.0.]
    AES/newspost Guest

  2. Moderated Post

    Default Re: Insert PDF movie links from TeX source file?

    Removed by Administrator
    David Magda Guest
    Moderated Post

  3. #3

    "AES/newspost" <siegmanstanford.edu> wrote in message
    > [I asked this question already, but unsuccessfully, on comp.text.pdf,
    > but I think not yet on these groups. If I'm remembering incorrectly,
    > apologies.]
    And exactly what did you find unsuccessful about my
    response in comp.text.pdf?

    [url]http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=bf06ke%[/url]
    24oj5%241%40news.ecu.edu.au

    David Wilson

    David Wilson Guest

  4. #4

    AES/newspost <siegmanstanford.edu> wrote in message news:<siegman-B98D67.08395520072003news.stanford.edu>...
    > If I know in advance which .mov files are going to be involved, is there
    > a way to insert the movie links right from the start, in the TeX source
    > file, and have the necessary coding survive the typesetting and
    > distillation processes?
    Search comp.text.tex for easymovie.sty

    I tried it about a month ago and it works for quicktime movie. But now
    I'm using the full Acrobat 6 which can embed (not just link to) movie
    in pdf file.

    Chris
    Chrisada Sookdhis Guest

  5. #5

    In article <informatik.uni-hamburg.de>,
    Sven Utcke <utcke+uni-hamburg.de> wrote:

    > > Search comp.text.tex for easymovie.sty[/ref]
    >
    > But is this going to work with TeX (as opposed to LaTeX)?[/ref]

    No, not straight away, but that style file does contain the plain TeX
    commands to get the movie in your file. Look for the pdfmark command in
    this style file.

    Maarten
    Maarten Guest

  6. #6

    "Maarten Sneep" <nl> wrote in
    message
    l... [/ref][/ref]
    is there [/ref][/ref]
    source

    > > But is this going to work with TeX (as opposed to LaTeX)?[/ref]
    >
    > No, not straight away, but that style file does contain the plain TeX
    > commands to get the movie in your file. Look for the pdfmark command[/ref]
    in

    Except that \pdfmark isn't plain TeX, it comes from hyperref.
    The crucial bits of the (PostScript) pdfmark needed for a movie
    annotation *can* be deduced from easymovie.sty, just as they can
    from a perusal of the PDF spec (to which the OP has already been
    referred) or from reading a complete example of such a pdfmark
    provided to (but apparently ignored by) the OP when he asked his
    question in comp.text.pdf. Without using hyperref, the hard part
    is learning (a) how to pass the pdfmark through a \special (the
    OP needs to read his Textures doentation) and (b) how to
    determine and then pass the coordinates for the annotation's anchor.
    It may be that miniltx.tex provides sufficient scaffolding to
    use hyperref in plain TeX.

    David Wilson

    David Guest