Tables-->Regular [quote] > Can anyone please tell me why the "Insert table" command, both on the objects > panel and in the regular menu, would be greyed out when opening a new > document? The first thing I want to do is insert a table. Do I have something > goofy in my settings or somthing? I am new to the program, but have read > extensively and have done numerous tutorials on DW4. > > >[/quote] -- Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver Certified Dreamweaver MX Developer [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => Alan Ames [ip] => blu@formdude.co [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 2 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Insert Table comand greyed out in new doent - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Insert Table comand greyed out in new doent - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Can anyone please tell me why the "Insert table" command, both on the objects panel and in the regular menu, would be greyed out when opening a new doent? The first thing I want to do is insert a table. Do I have something goofy in my settings or somthing? I am new to the program, but have read extensively and have done numerous tutorials on DW4....

Default Insert Table comand greyed out in new doent

Can anyone please tell me why the "Insert table" command, both on the objects panel and in the regular menu, would be greyed out when opening a new doent? The first thing I want to do is insert a table. Do I have something goofy in my settings or somthing? I am new to the program, but have read extensively and have done numerous tutorials on DW4.

ellenspot webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

Default Re: Insert Table comand greyed out in new doent

is this a new blank file, or an existing file?

if existing file, url to it??

second- check that you are in "regular table editing", and not Layout Mode.

View menu-->Tables-->Regular
    > Can anyone please tell me why the "Insert table" command, both on the objects
    > panel and in the regular menu, would be greyed out when opening a new
    > doent? The first thing I want to do is insert a table. Do I have something
    > goofy in my settings or somthing? I am new to the program, but have read
    > extensively and have done numerous tutorials on DW4.
    >
    >
    >
    --
    Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver
    Certified Dreamweaver MX Developer

Alan Ames Guest

Thank you! I uninstalled and reinstalled the program, because it just wasn't right that I couldn't have the option of inserting a table. Now it works. Thanks so much for your responses.

ellenspot webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

You most likely were in LAYOUT mode...which would cause all Insert/Table
    icons to become inaccessible. Click View/Table View and make sure you are in
    STANDARD view and not LAYOUT view. If you're in Layout, you'll need to draw
    out tables/cells with the layout drawing tools. When in Standard, you can
    insert tables per usual.

Dian ~

"ellenspot" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    news:bg16lb$ju8$1forums.macromedia.com...
    > Can anyone please tell me why the "Insert table" command, both on the
    objects panel and in the regular menu, would be greyed out when opening a
    new doent? The first thing I want to do is insert a table. Do I have
    something goofy in my settings or somthing? I am new to the program, but
    have read extensively and have done numerous tutorials on DW4.
    >
    >

Dian ~ Guest