This is a follow-up to my previous thread (as Google Groups deosn't
seem to be working properly)

Sorry Jerry, I probably didn't explain myself terribly well. I just
wanted to know what the simplest MySQL statement for achieving this
would look like. Anyway, I think I've answered my own question
(although I don't think it's particularly elegant - room for
improvement on this one over at MySQL HQ!):

INSERT INTO contacts (a list of all fields minus the primary key field)

SELECT a list of all fields minus the primary key field
FROM contacts WHERE contact_id = id of row to be duplicated;

Regards,