Professional Web Applications Themes

Inserting HTML code - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

I have looked for a possible way to insert snippets of html code into my pages but can't find any reference to it anywhere. Is that because it is not a Contribute function?...

  1. #1

    Default Inserting HTML code

    I have looked for a possible way to insert snippets of html code into my pages but can't find any reference to it anywhere. Is that because it is not a Contribute function?
    Beverly Montgomery Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Inserting HTML code

    I could see one way of inserting html snippets in contribute -

    1. Create a connection to the site
    2. Browse to the page where you want to add html snippets
    3. You will now see, "Edit Page", " "New Page" button enabled.
    3. Right click in the Contribute "Browser" (Browse mode) and select "View
    Source". This will open up the html code for that page in editor (say notepad)
    4. Update the html content where ever you want to update in editor and save it.
    5. Click on the Refresh button available in the contribute browser.

    There you go, u can see the refreshed content then and there. I know its
    fuzzy but that should solve your problem

    - Arun
    Contribute Team, Macromedia:cool;

    amadas Guest

  3. #3

    This is great advice, but I'm having a problem. Once I edit the HTML code from
    the source file in notepad, how do I save it? I pressed save and then refreshed
    the website, but it doesn't seem to be connecting. Does this make sense?

    Marcel Media Guest

  4. #4

    I'd like to know the answer to this, too. If you responded in email, please post your response as well. Thank you.
    Room446 Guest

  5. #5

    Hi Marcel/Room

    Ignore my previous solution as it is applicable only to a Direct Local
    Connection type. View source when creating a direct connection will open up
    source of the .htm in notepad. However, here under i am suggesting you with a
    solution that would work for any connection type.

    1. Create connection to your site in contribute
    2. Browse to the page that you want to edit. (You need not click on Edit page)
    3. Choose From the menu, File->Actions->Edit page source in external
    application (Cntrl+Shift+E)
    4. This will launch Dreamweaver with your page opened in it. There you go,
    Contributes Mom Dreamweaver is there to help it with wonderful editing. Add
    your HTML Snippets in the "Source" view of dreamweaver.
    Save the file in Dreamweaver (File->Save or Cntrl+S)
    5. Close dreamweaver
    6. In Contribute, you will now see, two options,
    a. If you want to resume editing this draft in Contribute, click Edit
    with Contribute
    b.If you want to open this draft again in Dreamweaver, click Launch.
    7. Choose a and you will see the formatted page in contribute.

    Customizing Editor:

    What if you dont have Dreamweaver installed. You can customize your
    favourite editor for formatting your source.

    1. In Contribute menu choose, Edit->Preferences
    2. Choose File Editors in the left panel of the dialogue
    3. In the "Extensions" column, scroll down and select "Web Page Source"
    4. In the Editors column, Click on + and browse to your favourite editor
    (.exe)
    5. And make it primary editor by clicking on "Make Primary" button.

    You can now open up the source in your favourite browser.

    - Regards
    Arun CT Team

    amadas Guest