Professional Web Applications Themes

Inserting images in a field? - Macromedia Director Basics

Hi guys. I'm having a custom scrollbar in my presentation and I have one section that works like a photo gallery. Now, what I wonder is how do I make it possible to scroll the images? I have got the scrollbar to work at textfields, so I wonder if there is any way to insert the images into a textfield. If not, then how should I do? :)...

  1. #1

    Default Inserting images in a field?

    Hi guys.

    I'm having a custom scrollbar in my presentation and I have one section that
    works like a photo gallery. Now, what I wonder is how do I make it possible to
    scroll the images? I have got the scrollbar to work at textfields, so I wonder
    if there is any way to insert the images into a textfield. If not, then how
    should I do? :)

    Zlaxzzor Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Inserting images in a field?

    --Make two buttons: upButton and downButton (for example):

    --upButton script:
    on mousedown me
    repeat with allMyScrollableTextAndImages = 1 to 10
    --in this example you need to put yoour images and text in the score on the
    channels 1 to 10
    sprite(allMyScrollableTextAndImages).locV =
    sprite(allMyScrollableTextAndImages).locV - 1
    end repeat
    end

    --downButton script:
    on mousedown me
    repeat with allMyScrollableTextAndImages = 1 to 10
    sprite(allMyScrollableTextAndImages).locV =
    sprite(allMyScrollableTextAndImages).locV + 1
    end repeat
    end

    Succes

    Vincent is Schattig Guest

  3. #3

    Ok, I think I got the buttons to work. Though now I wonder how to make the area
    where the images are to a fixed height and width (so the scroll works)... Like
    you could have done if you somehow could insert the images into a text area and
    make the height and width of that area fixed like I've done with the texts in
    the other sections of the presentation.

    Zlaxzzor Guest

  4. #4

    Anybody knows how to deal with this problem?

    And can someone tell me if this sort of bumping is allowed in these forums? If it isn't, I'm sorry... but I really want to know how to fix this ;)
    Zlaxzzor Guest

  5. #5

    There are probably many ways to set up a scrolling set of thumnails, but this
    is how I might approach it.
    You have a text box with the scroolable text, and you want to scrooll small
    images with such as I understand it. Beside the text box I would stack my
    image sprites so locH would be the same for all and locV would vary by the
    image height (or whatever spacing you desired). Then I would cover the screen
    with a cutout for the image box, and add the text box and my scroll bar.

    Next is the scrolling (incremental locV movement) which you seem to have
    already got a handle on, and what is left is to work out the syncronization
    between the text and images (probably just a matter of the image locV spacing).

    Lee C

    klgc Guest