Professional Web Applications Themes

Instalation - Coldfusion - Getting Started

here's the fix: let me know if it works for you as well. this is on a windows install for CFMX 7. after you get that message .. do a search on your computer for a file called "cf_install.exe". make sure you are searching all system folders. when you find it, double click on it to run the install file. this should work....

  1. #1

    Default Re: Instalation

    here's the fix: let me know if it works for you as well.

    this is on a windows install for CFMX 7.

    after you get that message .. do a search on your computer for a file called
    "cf_install.exe". make sure you are searching all system folders. when you
    find it, double click on it to run the install file. this should work.

    BL_CLEARROCK Guest

  2. #2

    That's it!
    It finally worked!
    Firemarble Guest

  3. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    DixonC Guest
    Moderated Post

  4. #4

    Hello,

    I have done download after download and still get the same issue that this
    thread says is 'file corruption'.

    I download gigs worth of data on a regular basis without any problems at all.
    This is the ONLY file I have had a corrupted download with in the last year,
    let alone 4 corrupted downloads in a row.

    Because the browser and remote server's compare packets sent/recieved by
    default, I would suspect that either
    A) Macromedia is using a custom download facilitator of some sort (an
    intermediary piece between the browser and the server)
    B) They have somehow disabled the packet checking function of the server
    providing the download.

    At this point, my employer is thinking I am an idiot for suggesting we pay to
    use ColdFusion when the other programmers are saying to go with ASP.NET for
    'free'.

    Does anyone know of an a NON Macromedia site that is hosting the trial version
    of ColdFusion 7 from which I might download?

    Thanks for your time,
    Kevin R.

    Krandolph Guest

  5. #5

    I think its pretty pathetic that this problem has been around for well over 6 months... but using Principe-ante's suggestion, it worked.
    daYve2K Guest

  6. #6

    GOT IT!!!!

    I struggled with this for over 5 hours yesterday! Don't know why I didn't try
    this before, but I just tried the link for TRIAL edition (not developer) and it
    worked perfectly! Give this a try... it should work for you.

    jschulz14 Guest

  7. #7

    I have downloaded the CFMX 7 Developer version for Windows a few times now.
    Each time I checked the MD5 of the file vs. the stated MD5 on the download
    page. Each time it has been wrong (indicating a corrupt download).

    Here's the interesting part. Each of the "corrupted" downloads had the exact
    same MD5... They all matched each other. Did the corruption happen the exact
    same way each time?? Or is it possible that the published MD5 is not the
    correct one for the file that is being offered... Perhaps it is not the
    Download that is corrupted, but the served file that is corrupted.

    I also found a post referring to a KB article that claims the corruption
    happens because of Internet Explorer's "Temporary Internet Files" being too
    full, or "modem" download speeds being accelerated. To this point, I am using
    FireFox to download, over a cable connection, with no accelerators and over 2GB
    of free space left.

    Also, if MM really thought that IE and HTTP transfer settings were causing the
    problem, wouldn't there be a "alternate download" link pointing to an anonymous
    FTP location available right on the product page?

    I've been 'online' since early 1980's using good ol' TI-994A and Commodore
    64's and this is the first time I've seen a file corrupt itself in the exact
    same way every time.

    Maybe Adobe can fix this :-)

    dougboberg Guest

  8. #8

    >... I've been 'online' since early 1980's using good ol' TI-994A and Commodore
    64's
    >... and this is the first time I've seen a file corrupt itself in the exact
    same way every time.
    Talking of which, I saw a well-known jetfighter pilot on horseback the other
    day. It made
    me think.

    BKBK Guest

  9. #9

    you wnna try installing on a mac then, sheesh over a week and still no joy on tiger????
    pickle jar Guest