Professional Web Applications Themes

Install now button not showing on windows XP - Macromedia Flash Player

I had Flash player downloaded and working yesterday. For some reason It stopped working. I uninstalled it using the uninstaller, and tried re-installing. But the button wont show up on the page. I have Windows XP, I have tried checking my internet options, they are all fine. I can download stuff off of other websites, just not this one. I noticed my problem when i went to you tube to watch a vid. It said my java was off or didnt have flashplayer. thats when i uninstalled it. My java is fine also. Im just about to give up. i ...

  1. #1

    Default Install now button not showing on windows XP

    I had Flash player downloaded and working yesterday. For some reason It stopped
    working. I uninstalled it using the uninstaller, and tried re-installing. But
    the button wont show up on the page. I have Windows XP, I have tried checking
    my internet options, they are all fine. I can download stuff off of other
    websites, just not this one. I noticed my problem when i went to you tube to
    watch a vid. It said my java was off or didnt have flashplayer. thats when i
    uninstalled it. My java is fine also. Im just about to give up. i have tried
    everything i know. Can anyone help me please???

    Anniekins2008 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Install now button not showing on windows XP

    I've posted a similar question the Flash General Discussion forum, not sure if
    it's the right spot or not but if I get a reply I'll post it here for you, it's
    driving me up the wall it should be a simple install but I just can?t see that
    damn install now button anywhere

    jetsgc Guest

  3. #3

    We had another customer who had a similar issue. The customer could not see the
    Flash Player ?Install? button. They also had trouble viewing many pages on the
    web.

    This customer did the following and it resolved the problem. (This fix was for
    Vista)

    Disclaimer: This procedure involves editing the Windows registry. Adobe
    doesn't support editing the registry, which contains critical system and
    application information. For information on the Windows Registry Editor, see
    the doentation for Windows or contact Microsoft Technical Support.

    Manually register the jscript.dll file.

    On Windows Vista32:

    Choose Start > All Programs > Accessories.
    Right-click the Command icon, choose Run As Administrator, and authenticate.
    Navigate to Windows\System32.
    At the prompt, type regsvr32 jscript.dll and press Enter.
    When a dialog box with the message "DllRegisterServer in jscript.dll
    succeeded" appears, click OK.

    Please let us know if it helps.

    Darren Guest

  4. #4

    I am having the same type of issue on a windows xp verision. How do we do this same instruction on an XP system?
    djacob69 Guest

  5. #5

    My problem was not the adobe download. It was my windows. I had deleted a critical file. you may have to re-install your windows. that fixed my problem. Hope this helps you. It drove me insaine too.
    Anniekins2008 Guest

  6. #6

    Yer I cant see it either wich means a whole lotta stuff i cant see, can spme copy the download link and e-mail it to me, my e-mail is
    com
    reece Guest

  7. #7

    Hey Darren, Ran the script and got the message but still not working. I'll
    check again next time I log on just incase it's one of those things that needs
    you to restart your PC to take affect but at this point no luck. It may be due
    to me using XP rather than Vista, so if you have any other suggestions that
    would be great.
    Thanks
    Nigel

    jetsgc Guest

  8. #8

    The customer I was referring too was on a Vista machine.

    I assume that this issue is preventing you from viewing other content on the
    web as well, not just the install button.

    Are you all on Window IE 7?

    If needed you can download the executable installer from this technote? unless
    you can?t view this technote due to the same issue... let us know.

    http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166

    Darren Guest

  9. #9

    I could see the tech note OK, downloaded Install Flash Player 9 AX.exe, removed
    the current version of it and the Adobe Flash Player ActiveX and then ran what
    I downloaded. Only one thing was re-installed being the Adobe Flash Player
    ActiveX , it doesn?t mention anything about being version 9 or anything though
    is this correct?
    Went back to youtube and still go the same error.
    Anything else I can try?
    Thanks

    jetsgc Guest

  10. #10

    I too have the same problem in Windows XP with IE 6. If I set my text size to
    'smallest' it reveals 'install' which was hidden under the black text box which
    says 'Adobe Flash Player Download Center Windows'. However this is not an
    active button, so clicking it does not initiate an installation. Could this be
    a website issue? I'm afraid the suggestion for Vista does not seem to work for
    XP.

    Feep1 Guest

  11. #11

    [q]Originally posted by: jetsgc
    I could see the tech note OK, downloaded Install Flash Player 9 AX.exe,
    removed the current version of it and the Adobe Flash Player ActiveX and then
    ran what I downloaded. Only one thing was re-installed being the Adobe Flash
    Player ActiveX , it doesn?t mention anything about being version 9 or anything
    though is this correct?
    Went back to youtube and still go the same error.
    Anything else I can try?
    Thanks
    [/q]

    After you download and install the executable from here:

    http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166

    Check to see if it is installed correctly here:

    http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

    If you can see the Version 9.0.115.0, Flash Player installed correctly. So it
    may be that whatever is preventing your browser from viewing the install button
    may also be preventing you from viewing other pages.

    Darren Guest

  12. #12

    Thanks - problem seems to be solved.
    Feep1 Guest

  13. #13

    [q]Originally posted by: Feep1
    Thanks - problem seems to be solved.[/q]

    Happy to hear that....

    For others on this forum:

  14. #14

    Would someone please post a screenshot of the this missing "Install" button?

    Thank you,
    Darren Guest

  15. #15

    Not sure how to paste a picture in the forum but if you check out
    http://theclaremontjets.tripod.com/flash.bmp this shows the normal screen that
    I get

    Then http://theclaremontjets.tripod.com/flashsmalltext.bmp shows how it looks
    when I change my text to small and you can now see the word install but still
    no button.

    Also I did as per your previous post and it states I've got 9.0.115.0 so I may
    have bigger issues than just seeing this button, but any help you can give is
    greatly appreciated.

    jetsgc Guest

  16. #16

    Hi jetsgc,

    Thank you for providing the screenshots. The ?install? text that you see above
    the red Flash Player icon is not the ?install? button. It does appear that you
    are missing the ?install? button on this page.

    I am forwarding these screenshots to our web team for further investigation.

    Please double check the Internet Explorer options are set appropriately.

    In IE
    Select Tools
    Internet Options
    Select Advanced
    Click on the Restore Defaults

    I?ll reply to this post when we gather more information that might help.

    Thanks again.

    This seems to be an issue with Internet Explorer

    If needed, you can also use Firefox as a browser

    http://www.firefox.com

    Darren Guest

  17. #17

    Thanks Darren, I loaded Firefox and went to youtube, same error.
    Then went to your download page could see the install now button, downloaded,
    installed went back to youtube and all working OK in firefox.

    Went back into MS explorer went to youtube, still same error, reset options as
    per your last e-mail, still same error and still can't see the install now
    button.

    I?m happy with using firefox as the fix for my issue so thanks for that but if
    you need me to check/test anything in MS expolorer feel free to drop me a line
    at com

    Thanks for all your help, greatly appreciated.

    jetsgc Guest

  18. #18

    Hi jetsgc,

    Thank you for providing the screenshots. The web team is currently
    investigating this issue on Internet Explorer. As soon as the issue is
    identified, I?ll reply here with a post and send you an email.

    Darren Guest

  19. #19

    Hi Nigel,

    We noticed that there is a JavaScript error indicator in the bottom left
    corner of the screenshots. It would be incredibly helpful to know what part of
    our JavaScript library you are having trouble executing.

    Would it be possible for you to take a screenshot of the error and reply to my
    email with the attachment?

    Darren Guest

  20. #20

    Nice comments thank you