Professional Web Applications Themes

installation - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Just got a new computer and am trying to install Photoshop Elements 2 from the disk I'd used to install the program on my old computer. I get the message "Windows unable to find installation program". Can someone tell me the name and extension of the installation program so I can Browse the CD and get things installed? Thanks so much, Sylvia...

  1. #1

    Default installation

    Just got a new computer and am trying to install Photoshop Elements 2 from the disk I'd used to install the program on my old computer. I get the message "Windows unable to find installation program". Can someone tell me the name and extension of the installation program so I can Browse the CD and get things installed?

    Thanks so much,
    Sylvia
    Sylvia Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: installation

    Sylvia,

    I am not a wizz at this but could you tell us a bit more about your new computer. For instance whether it's running on windows 2000 or XP or may be mac.
    I understand that not all soft ware is compatible with XP whereas it was with windows.

    Robert
    Schraven Guest

  3. #3

    Sylvia,

    If you are running WinXP, are you logged in using an account which has administrator rights?
    Nancy Guest

  4. #4

    The new computer is running on XP and the old one was Windows 98. That would be a bummer if Photoshop Elements 2 isn't compatible.

    If you have further thoughts about this, I'd sure appreciate them.
    Thanks,
    Sylvia
    member@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Sylvia,

    Elemets 2.0 is fully comptible with XP, either Pro or Home Edition. If you have Pro editon, however, you MUST either be logged in as the system administrator or be a user who has full administrator rights, as Robert indicated. Do you have anything by Norton installed and active? If so, be sure to disable it prior to installing (or trying to) Elements. Even then, however, many many users find problems if they keep Norton on their systems with Adobe products. Norton tends to be intrusive into the working files of many programs.

    Bob
    member@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Elements 2 will run very nicely on Win XP. However, if you're running XP Pro, you will have to have full administrative rights in order to install it. If you have XP Home, let us know so someone can come up with another suggestion, because I don't believe the "administrative rights" issue applies to it.
    member@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    OK, Bob, which one of us has it backwards?! We were posting at the same time and came up with reverse explanations regarding XP Pro versus XP Home! :)
    member@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Thanks for the heads up, Beth. I improperly called for the reverse. I've gone back and edited properly to read PRO edition needs the administrative rights.

    Bob
    member@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    OK. Being a Mac user, I'm not always sure I've got these Windows instructions locked in my head right, although I thought I had that one down. I'm glad to hear I wasn't losing it completely! :)
    Haney, Guest

  10. #10

    Hi Bob -and Beth, as well!
    Thanks for the info. I have the Home Edition so the administrator is not a problem. But the Norton anti-virus program definitely may be. I vaguely remember something about disabling anti-virus programs before installing (I'm a relative newbie and have to be "reminded" about such things). I had MacAfee on my old computer.

    I'll give it a try and let you know.
    Thanks,
    Sylvia
    Sylvia_Pollack@adobeforums.com Guest