Professional Web Applications Themes

Installation Help - Macromedia Shockwave

I was recently involved in installing PHP 4.3.2 on a NT 4 server with IIS 4. We followed all of the installation instructions, but whenever we tried to run a test script through a browser to see if PHP was installed correctly, all the page did was load. And load and load and load. It never displayed the text it was supposed to, and it never errored out. Anybody have any ideas? I also had phpinfo run as a script through the server, with the same results. Jeremiah Breindel [email]jeremiah.breindelcreativew.com[/email]...

  1. #1

    Default installation help

    I was recently involved in installing PHP 4.3.2 on a NT 4 server with IIS 4.
    We followed all of the installation instructions, but whenever we tried to
    run a test script through a browser to see if PHP was installed correctly,
    all the page did was load. And load and load and load. It never displayed
    the text it was supposed to, and it never errored out. Anybody have any
    ideas?

    I also had phpinfo run as a script through the server, with the same
    results.

    Jeremiah Breindel
    [email]jeremiah.breindelcreativew.com[/email]
    Jeremiah Breindel Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: installation help

    You didn't configure something right. I would go over the install steps
    again. I installed Foxserv on NT without IIS but I did install 4.3.2 on
    Windows 2003 server and found the instructions here a god-send.
    [url]http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.php[/url]
    Basically you need to make sure that php.ini is in \windows and
    php4isapi.dll in \windows\system32. I also had to configure IIS to allow me
    to run scripts.
    Shadow
    Shadow Guest

  3. #3

    Did anyone ever get an answer to this problem? I have a client that I
    recommended Contribute 3, using Windows 2000, and is having the exact same
    problem. He is in a monster hurry, so anyone have any suggestions? We cannot
    even get the program to install because he downloads the install program and
    then it comes up with the same message as above. Thanks!

    Giraffeweb Guest

  4. #4

    Check this out for possible solution for 2000:
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_19114[/url]

    For Windows 98 try:
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_19467[/url]

    And general troubleshooting:
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_19058[/url]

    getzapped Guest

  5. #5

    Thanks for the links...but already been to the knowledge base and it no help
    with this problem. I actually have encountered the problems listed in the
    knowledge base before with win 2000 and it was a great fix. Client coming to
    my office in a few minutes so I'll see if I can figure it out on my own. If I
    do, I will post the fix here.

    Giraffeweb Guest

  6. #6

    The fix for this was stupid...client came to my office and immediately I
    figured out he did not have winzip installed on his new laptop. There is a
    technote for mac's concerning stuffit, and I guess there should be one added
    for winzip because once I unzipped the Contribute 3.1, it installed and works
    perfectly.

    Giraffeweb Guest

  7. #7

    Help! I am using Windows Xp and have a pretty fast pc so I don't think it has
    to do with hardware. I redone my pc. When I was trying to install the new
    shockwave (deleted my old) it won't work. The message to select langauge
    apears. I tried downloading the stand alone version and changed its
    compatibility. Didn't work. Pless help my disabled brother is upset becouse his
    games arn't working. And I'm upset becouse my games arn't working! Thanks.

    hunky_knight Guest