Professional Web Applications Themes

Installation problem - Coldfusion Server Administration

I have just put together a new PC and when i tried to accept the Windows XP Home "terms and conditions", i could not use F8 to accept. I was not sure if the keyboard was working, so i mashed the key pad. Im guessing this hit escape, and it exited. Now, when i boot up the computer it does not give me the option to run the disk? How do i get around this problem. Can any responses be sent to the above email address. Cheers...

  1. #1

    Default Installation Problem

    I have just put together a new PC and when i tried to
    accept the Windows XP Home "terms and conditions", i
    could not use F8 to accept. I was not sure if the
    keyboard was working, so i mashed the key pad. Im
    guessing this hit escape, and it exited. Now, when i boot
    up the computer it does not give me the option to run the
    disk? How do i get around this problem. Can any responses
    be sent to the above email address. Cheers
    Dannyboy Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Installation Problem

    You need to hit the "F Lock" key, then you can use F8.

    --
    Nicholas

    "Dannyboy" <dwinklesshotmail.com> wrote in message:

    | I have just put together a new PC and when i tried to
    | accept the Windows XP Home "terms and conditions", i
    | could not use F8 to accept. I was not sure if the
    | keyboard was working, so i mashed the key pad. Im
    | guessing this hit escape, and it exited. Now, when i boot
    | up the computer it does not give me the option to run the
    | disk? How do i get around this problem. Can any responses
    | be sent to the above email address. Cheers
    Nicholas Guest

  3. #3

    I was recently involved in installing PHP 4.3.2 on a NT 4 server with IIS 4.
    We followed all of the installation instructions, but whenever we tried to
    run a test script through a browser to see if PHP was installed correctly,
    all the page did was load. And load and load and load. It never displayed
    the text it was supposed to, and it never errored out. Anybody have any
    ideas?

    Jeremiah Breindel
    [email]jeremiah.breindelcreativew.com[/email]
    Jeremiah Breindel Guest

  4. #4

    can you display phpinfo? Did you check the php.ini file?

    Shadow
    Shadow Guest

  5. #5

    Apologizing in advance as I am a total Linux neophyte.

    I've encountered a problem installing Slackware 9.0 from CD-ROM.

    Our target board is an SBC based on the STMicroelectronics STPC Atlas
    (100MHz 486-class CPU with built-in peripherals - "PC on a Chip")

    I can successfully boot from the Slackware 9.0 Bootable Installation CD.
    But when running the Setup program, the system hangs when selecting the
    source media.
    - We choose "Install from a Slackware CD-ROM."
    - There are two options:
    "Scan for the CDROM drive automatically"
    "Manually select the CD-ROM drive"

    In either case, the CDROM drive spins up and the access LED lights, but then
    everything hangs (no error message is displayed and the system does not
    respond to keyboard input - ALT-CTL-DEL has no effect.

    This is very strange, because we BOOTED from the CD!!

    I have tried every combination of Primary/Secondary/Master/Slave connection
    but to no avail.

    Any ideas?

    I'm guessing that the failure occurs when the CDROM drive is trying to be
    mounted ? I have attempted to test this by trying to mount the drive from
    the command prompt, but I just can't figure out how to use the mount
    command. Can anyone suggest the proper syntax that could allow me to mount
    the CD and list the files?

    Please reply to the newsgroup.

    Thanks for your help and best regards,
    Tom

    Tom Yost Guest

  6. #6

    > mount /dev/hdc /mnt assuming the CDR drive is IDE and /dev/hdc otherwise
    > substitute the appropriate device name.
    OK, mounting the CD device hangs the system, confirming my suspicions.
    Interesting that I'm able to boot from the CDROM ?? I assume the mount uses
    a different driver/access method ? This must be some kind of BIOS or
    interrupt issue.

    Thanks for your help! I have a very old Slackware (3.6) which I will try
    to install then do an update.

    Tom

    "horne" <hornemember.fsf.org> wrote in message
    news:0eG3b.94793$_V.83227news04.bloor.is.net.cabl e.rogers.com...
    > Tom Yost scribbled:
    >
    > > Apologizing in advance as I am a total Linux neophyte.
    > >
    > > I've encountered a problem installing Slackware 9.0 from CD-ROM.
    >
    > <deletia>
    >
    > > In either case, the CDROM drive spins up and the access LED lights, but
    > > then everything hangs (no error message is displayed and the system does
    > > not respond to keyboard input - ALT-CTL-DEL has no effect.
    >
    > I encountered a similar problem with Slackware Linux 9.0 and decided to
    use
    > Slackware Linux 8.1 instead. You can always update in-place after the
    > initial installation.
    >
    > <deletia>
    >
    > > I'm guessing that the failure occurs when the CDROM drive is trying to
    be
    > > mounted ? I have attempted to test this by trying to mount the drive
    from
    > > the command prompt, but I just can't figure out how to use the mount
    > > command. Can anyone suggest the proper syntax that could allow me to
    mount
    > > the CD and list the files?
    >
    > mount /dev/hdc /mnt assuming the CDR drive is IDE and /dev/hdc otherwise
    > substitute the appropriate device name.
    >
    > --
    > Free Software Foundation (FSF) Associate Member 499
    > Linux Counter Statistics: UserID 277671
    > LindowsOS v4.0 (Linux kernel 2.4.20) Elite-II Zero-Footprint PC

    Tom Yost Guest

  7. #7

    I have a unique installation problem. I recently restored my computer and loaded all programs/hardware. I tried to hookup my Epson scanner and the first thing it tells me is to install Photoshop Elements (they provide a disk). When I first installed the scanner, I already had Photoshop Elements on my computer so I was able to skip that step. Now when I try to load Photoshop Elements either from the OEM disk or the origianl purchased disk, the set-up program runs to accept the user agreement and then start loading the install wizard and shows it at either 99% or 100% and then just stops. After a while, the whole thing just turns off and leaves some small apps running and I have to restart the computer to get turn them off. Has anyone had this problem? Or does anyone have a suggestion.
    Larry Ropp Guest

  8. #8

    You refer to the install wizard, so that's a clue you're running Windows, but it would probably be a good idea to post which version.
    Beth Haney Guest

  9. #9

    Thanks, I am running windows 98
    Larry Ropp Guest

  10. #10

    hi,

    i have brought a new P4 machine. i tried to install solaris 9 on
    it. everything is fine, except that there is no color display. my
    motherboard is GIGABIT MOTHERBOARD. my monitor is SAMSUNG. pls help
    me out.

    pls mail me to my email id. " [email]esward9[/email] "
    eswar Guest

  11. #11

    On 17 Aug 2004 22:18:20 -0700, eswar <esward9> wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > i have brought a new P4 machine. i tried to install solaris 9 on
    > it. everything is fine, except that there is no color display. my
    > motherboard is GIGABIT MOTHERBOARD. my monitor is SAMSUNG. pls help
    > me out.
    Need more information. What video hardware? What mode works or
    doesn't? Does X start up?
    > pls mail me to my email id. " [email]esward9[/email] "
    Does this mean you won't be checking back here for answers?

    Dave Hinz Guest

  12. #12

    i am sorry for not gettin back.i was preparing for an exam. about my
    hardware.. i am using an intel AGP card. and i don understand abt that
    mode thing.. i am a learner. please help me out.
    eswar Guest

  13. #13

    On 26 Aug 2004 21:22:17 -0700, eswar <esward9> wrote:
    > i am sorry for not gettin back.i was preparing for an exam. about my
    > hardware.. i am using an intel AGP card. and i don understand abt that
    > mode thing.. i am a learner. please help me out.
    What was the question?
    Dave Hinz Guest

  14. #14

    the problem is the i don't get color diaplay after installing solaris
    9 on my machine. rest all goes well.
    eswar Guest

  15. #15

    On 28 Aug 2004 07:28:58 -0700, eswar <esward9> wrote:
    > the problem is the i don't get color diaplay after installing solaris
    > 9 on my machine. rest all goes well.

    I mean this in the nicest possible way, but go google for:
    ESR how to ask questions the smart way

    ....and get back to us. Thanks, it'll help both of us enjoy this more.

    Dave Hinz Guest

  16. #16

    i am sorry. but i din get you.i feel you are angry with me. pls tell
    me what all info should i give, so that i can find a solution for my
    problem.
    eswar Guest

  17. #17

    hi there,
    i have a problem. hope you can solve it. i have brought a new
    computer, inter pentium 4 processor. my motherboard is intel 845
    chipset. i have installed solaris 9 on my machine. everything goes on
    well... except that i don't get my colour display. can you tell me
    why. i have attended solaris administration classes in a computer
    training center. in this place we were trained on intel based
    machines. there we used to get the color display.

    i can't figure out the problem in my machine. pls help me out.
    eswar Guest

  18. #18

    On 30 Aug 2004 22:29:14 -0700, eswar wrote:
    > hi there,
    > i have a problem. hope you can solve it. i have brought a new
    > computer, inter pentium 4 processor. my motherboard is intel 845
    > chipset. i have installed solaris 9 on my machine. everything goes on
    > well... except that i don't get my colour display. can you tell me
    > why. i have attended solaris administration classes in a computer
    > training center. in this place we were trained on intel based
    > machines. there we used to get the color display.
    >
    > i can't figure out the problem in my machine. pls help me out.
    Have you checked that your hardware is on the supported hardware list? If
    not, then you may want to replace the solaris X server with the XFree86 one
    which supports more hardware.
    I haven't done this recently, so searching the web will find you better
    help than I can give, but it can be done.

    Adam
    PS alt.solaris.x86 or comp.unix.solaris may also be good places to ask a
    question this specific, but since I don't read either of them I haven't
    added them to the x-post.
    Adam Price Guest

  19. #19

    Hi

    I have a book on ColdFusion, I am planning to learn...

    But I tried to install the server from the disk that came with it, and the
    installation took forever after it had reached the end of the bar, so I closed
    it... now in m start bar I have an entry called Macromedia ColdFusion MX and
    then inside it is Administrator, Doentation, Getting Started and
    Performance editor. I don't know how much is supposed to be in there, so...

    When I press on Administrator I get an error which says "The connection was
    refused when trying to access Localhost:8500"

    I am using Mozilla Firefox 1.0 and I also have Norton Internet Security 2005.

    Thanks :o

    djinni+ Guest

  20. #20

    djinni+ wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a book on ColdFusion, I am planning to learn...
    >
    > But I tried to install the server from the disk that came with it,
    and the
    > installation took forever after it had reached the end of the bar, so
    I closed
    > it... now in m start bar I have an entry called Macromedia ColdFusion
    MX and
    > then inside it is Administrator, Doentation, Getting Started and
    > Performance editor. I don't know how much is supposed to be in there,
    so...

    > When I press on Administrator I get an error which says "The
    connection was
    > refused when trying to access Localhost:8500"
    >
    > I am using Mozilla Firefox 1.0 and I also have Norton Internet
    Security 2005.

    > Thanks :o
    The administrator is web based, and will use the CF builtin web server
    to access it. As it uses port 8500 you may find that Norton is blocking
    it.

    Doc

    Dr Hfuhruhurr Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast