Professional Web Applications Themes

Installation problems - Macromedia Shockwave

I have just attempted to upgrade to XP home edition from ME but seem to have made a mess of it! Initially, it went OK but I found that my Symantec Winfax Pro and Antivirus 2003 would not work. I tried all the suggested actions on the Symantec website but they didn't help either. I decided therefore to restore ME, uninstall the two applications and then try the upgrade. This has left me with a Blocking Issue on the XP upgrade as follows: 'Microsoft Shared Fax Client Your existing Microsoft fax application will not be available after upgrading to Windows ...

  1. #1

    Default Installation Problems

    I have just attempted to upgrade to XP home edition from
    ME but seem to have made a mess of it! Initially, it went
    OK but I found that my Symantec Winfax Pro and Antivirus
    2003 would not work. I tried all the suggested actions on
    the Symantec website but they didn't help either. I
    decided therefore to restore ME, uninstall the two
    applications and then try the upgrade. This has left me
    with a Blocking Issue on the XP upgrade as follows:

    'Microsoft Shared Fax Client
    Your existing Microsoft fax application will not be
    available
    after upgrading to Windows XP, and will be replaced by
    the
    Windows XP Fax. Please uninstall this fax application
    using the
    Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel, and then
    restart the
    upgrade. Your current fax settings and data will be
    saved, and
    you can use Windows XP Fax to access your existing fax
    servers
    after the upgrade.'

    ME doesn't have Microsoft Fax and when I try and reinstall
    Winfax in ME, it won't do it, telling me to reboot to
    clear the previous uninstall, which, of course doesn't
    work!

    I guess there is a file remaining in there from Winfax
    that XP thinks is from Microsoft Fax.

    I'm stuck so any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Hope this is the right Group, if not please advise.

    Mick Watts

    Mick Guest

  2. #2

    When I attempt to load Photoshop Elemnts 2 from the disk the following message is dispalyed :

    Setup is unable to find installation languages in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\Setup.LID File. ERROR 105 :frown:
    anthony sinfield Guest

  3. #3

    When I attempt to load Photoshop Elements 2 from the disk the following message is dispalyed :

  4. #4

    Default Re: Installation problems

    Anthony,

    Are you running any virus software, especially Norton, while installing?

    Rich
    Richard Coencas Guest

  5. #5

    There are quite a few people with this problem on the forums; I found a
    solution after a day which was my install of PGP 9.0.

    After uninstalling this CFMX7 worked fine. I?m now going to try and install an
    older version of PGP to see if it still works.

    Castor_uk Guest

  6. #6

    I'm trying to move CFMX to a new server (after successfully installing it on
    the new server, I'll be deactivating the old server). I have the original CD
    for CFMX, plus I have the 6.1 updater ready to go upon concluding the 6.0
    install. The new server is Windows 2003 (the old one is 2000).

    I start the install and eventually get to the dialog where it asks where you
    want to install the files. The second request is where to install the web files
    and it lists the default as \. If I try to change it, I get this error "Error
    1801. The path \ is not valid. Please specify a valid path." If I try to leave
    it be, I get a silmilar error ("Error 1314. The specified path \ is
    unavailable.") and the installer shuts down.

    I've installed this a few times on the old server with no problems. Is this a
    problem with 2003? If so, how do I get around this? If not, what could it be?

    TIA!

    Kirby

    vbmb Guest

  7. #7

    You might want to see this article [url]http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_18713[/url]
    mxstu Guest

  8. #8

    Thanks! That led me to the solution. I used a straight 6.1 installation and it worked perfectly.
    vbmb Guest

  9. #9

    I've come across the same issue but could not resolve it. What do you mean by
    a "straight install"? I've tried running the installer directly from the
    browser, installing the software directly from the CD...nothing works. Any
    help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Daniel

    DC_Developer Guest

  10. #10

    Running: Mac OS 10.3.9

    The problem: Flash Player 8 will not install.

    I've tried installing Flash Player 8. No matter what, it always stops at 4
    files remaining and then searchs the hard drive, never moving forward in the
    installation. I have tried removing the player through the uninstallation
    program found on the website, however that completely freezes my computer
    before making any progress. I use Safari 1.3.2 as my browser and it says
    (Window > Installed Plug-Ins) that I have:

    Shockwave Flash 6.0 r47 ? from file ?Shockwave Flash NP-PPC?
    Shockwave Flash 7.0 r24 ? from file ?Flash Player.plugin?

    I read the instructions on how to remove the file(s) manually, however I am
    unsure where to locate them. I have tried searching for them in Finder with no
    luck.

    Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

    LovelyMiss Guest

  11. #11

    I have exactly the same problem. It's kind of frustrating. Seems like it
    should be such an easy install. What gives? I checked the troubleshooting
    page on the macromedia site, their instructions don't seem to deal with this
    issue at all. Why does it freeze on both attempts to install and uninstall? (4
    files remaining on install as well in my case).

    Hope to hear some good advise,

    Zebbler.

    Zebbler Guest

  12. #12

    When I go to the page after clicking install now, where it would say finished installing, it shows a white page with an x on it in the corner.
    Da Zack Paul Guest

  13. #13

    That's almost like my problem but with 3 figures instead of an X at the corner. A Triangle, square, and circle.
    shockwavefire Guest

  14. #14

    I'm having trouble installing flashplayer, I have done everything from
    installing it to uninstalling it, turned down my security levels, cleaned out
    my temp internets files and tried to install it all over again.
    I'm not getting the gold bar at the top of that page to install it like the
    website says that I will. Also when I go to sites that require it, instead of
    showing an image or a video there is a small white box in the left hand corner
    with three shapes in it, something like that red triangle, blue square and
    green circle.
    I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING THAT I CAN THINK OF... HELP!!!!

    mmaclellan Guest

  15. #15

    "mmaclellan" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:ej7jp5$dsm$1forums.macromedia.com...
    > I'm having trouble installing flashplayer, I have done everything from
    > installing it to uninstalling it, turned down my security levels, cleaned out
    > my temp internets files and tried to install it all over again.
    > I'm not getting the gold bar at the top of that page to install it like the
    > website says that I will. Also when I go to sites that require it, instead of
    > showing an image or a video there is a small white box in the left hand corner
    > with three shapes in it, something like that red triangle, blue square and
    > green circle.
    > I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING THAT I CAN THINK OF... HELP!!!!

    Hello
    there [url]http://www.donglefree.com/toppage1.htm[/url]
    is the solving !!

    L.B.

    Luther Blisset Guest

  16. #16

    There is nothing else installed or trying to be installed
    chas1967 Guest