Professional Web Applications Themes

Installed but not installed - Macromedia Flash Player

ive installed flash player on my computer, but it will not work i got the download complete flash but when i go on another website and try to use flash it will not work. please help. Lamo Supramo....

  1. #1

    Default Installed but not installed

    ive installed flash player on my computer, but it will not work i got the download complete flash but when i go on another website and try to use flash it will not work.
    please help.
    Lamo Supramo.

    lamo supramo Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Installed but not installed

    I just had the same problem and fixed it. Here is what I did:

    1. Close all programs
    2. Open your browser
    3. On the tool bar, select TOOLS
    4. Then select INTERNET OPTIONS
    5. Then click the SECURITY TAB
    6. Then set your security to the LOWEST
    7. Click APPLY
    8. Click OK and close the browser
    9. Reopen the browser and go to a sight like AOL Gold Rush and it will ask you
    for permission to use the player
    10. Say YES
    and there you go :)

    MsCindi Guest

  3. #3

    I am having the same problem, I followed your steps and flash still is not
    working. When I try to install I get the following message:

    Setup could not find your browser's plugins directory.
    Click browse and locate the plugins directory.
    To Install this Directory, click install.
    You may install the plugin into a different directory but the plugin may not
    work properly with your browser.
    Destination: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

    I click install and it runs through its thing, I restart the PC and try to
    launch a site with flash and it doesn't work. Help would be greatly
    appreciated.

    jbomba Guest

  4. #4

    :mad; I'm having the same problem. I can't get any videos on myspace or youtube
    to play. I can watch google video though. Anything that requires this flash
    plug-in will NOT play.

    I've done everything I can to get this to work but to no avail. Can anyone
    help out. I've had this problem now for a week.

    Thanks in advance

    Soul2Scream Guest

  5. #5

    Same here. [frown]

    I'm on a Mac 10.4.7
    Caroline Wainwright Guest

  6. #6

    :sad; I've done everything I can think of, short of taking my computer back to
    best buy and having them handle it. I am not computer savy. I thought I was
    kinda smart about my computer, but obviously I know nothing if I can't even get
    the flash player to work. :confused; I mean serioulsy, who would've thought
    that it was such a hard task? I've even requested help from the customer
    support from this site and I haven't heard anything from them yet. I guess I'll
    just wait and see if they ever respond, and if the do, I'll try to do what they
    say. I have a feeling our problems are all the same, yet uniqe and that's why
    nobody really knows how to give us a sure way to fix this problem. I just think
    we are a very small percentage that are having this problem, or else if thier
    are others who are having this problem aren't coming forward. Please if anyone
    is out there that can help us, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE respond!!! :grin; And I
    PROMISE that if I figure out the problem I'll come back here and let you all
    know. I may just have to take my computer to Best Buy and let them fix it. My
    computer still has warranty. And if anyone here finds a solution please promise
    to let all of us know. My email is [email]Soul2Screammsn.com[/email]

    Thanks and good luck everyone!
    Jennifer

    Soul2Scream Guest

  7. #7

    Trust me, I am going to stay in touch with all of you and let you know what I'm
    doing to fix this problem. I just know that you all must be frustrated because
    I know I am!

    When and IF customer support contacts me, I'll post their instructions right
    here. Whether it works or not, because it could for one of you.

    Also, If I end up taking my computer to best buy I'll let you know that I've
    resolved to do that as well. And when they tell me what 's wrong, I promise to
    come right back here and tell you all what exactly they said was wrong or what
    needed to be done. I'm going to have the Geek Squad guy give me step by step
    directions so I can pass this information on to all of you.

    If anyone here gets the fix first, please post everything you did to fix this
    problem. Obviously the only way we are going to fix this on our own is to
    become a team and work together. Because it sure as hell doesn't look like
    anyone here is gonna help, probably because they have no idea what's wrong. :)

    Again my name is Jen and my email address is [email]Soul2Screammsn.com[/email]

    Soul2Scream Guest

  10. #10

    Uhhh opps, sorry that last message was posted 2 times to many. I don't know why.
    ???
    Soul2Scream Guest

  11. #11

  12. #12

  13. #13

    Wow, I am having the exact same problem Jbomba is having with the "cannot
    locate browser's plugins directory" message during installation. I have been
    working on this problem for a while now and am tired of it so now I am turning
    this problem over to a friend of mine who is really good with solving computer
    issues. If I have some success I will post the solution, please feel free to
    post the solution if you guys find it first. Thanks.

    samii2004 Guest

  14. #14

    I finally got it to work, here is what i did:
    1. Uninstalled the Flash Player, use this tool at the following link (It says
    Flash Player 8 but it works)
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14157[/url]
    2. Close your browser and reopen it.
    3. Then reinstall Flash Player using the following link
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/downloads/[/url]
    Hope this works for everyone else!!

    jbomba Guest

  15. #15

    I got flash to work by uninstalling and reinstalling flash7.
    First copy down the uninstaller from adobe and save to the desk top.
    close all browsers. run the uninstall (see jbomba 9/21/06)
    Next search for flash on your computer by: Open explorer by right clicking on
    the start. click on "local disk C:" press f3 for search- click on all
    files and folders
    type flash in "all or part of file name". click on search
    I found - flashinstaller.exe - execute it and it will install flash7 and ask
    u to update to the newest- PRESS NO. best of luck

    Lizzie1234 Guest

  16. #16

    I also got flash to work after I
    1. Uninstalled the flash Player With the uninstaller
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14157[/url]
    2. reboot computer
    3. remove safe versions from registry using regedit . follow the steps thru 4
    then stop. DO NOT FOLLOW STEP 5 as this will just reinstall the imperfect flash
    player 9 again.

    [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?event=view&id=KC.4a8d52ae&e[/url]
    xtid=4a8d52ae&dialogID=157746351&iterationID=2&ses sionID=9630212957305d4a5df8&st
    ateID=1+0+157722798&mode=advanced
    3. Reboot computer again.
    4. Now go to this url and download flash player 7
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14266[/url]
    5. Flash Player should now work.
    6. Be very wary of Flash Player 9 untill they fix it.
    Hope this helps.

    thegate55 Guest

  17. #17

    try downloading this standalone. it fixed the problem for me...
    [url]http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie/[/url]
    kep1 Guest

  18. #18

    hippo file installed, but when I go to a site, it says to download newsest versiona and will not work
    risk8067 Guest