Professional Web Applications Themes
  1. #1

    Default Installed Flash Player but not working

    I've installed the Flash Player Version 9 and when I try to use an application
    that requires this software I get a pop up box asking me to install Macromedia
    Flash Player, even though it is installed. I have read through your forums,
    check registry settings, uninstalled and reinstalled, run the microsoft
    subinacl patch all to no avail.

    Why doesn't it play?

    pplo Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Installed Flash Player but not working

    Unix Netowrk and Oracle + Postgresql support Consultant
    The same thing happens on a Macintosh. A similar thing happens with SuSE where
    it uses
    /usr/lib/browser-plugins for ALL plugins.

    The installer appears to work OK but may not actually
    be installing without errors. Hence you may have to check out the Adobe site
    for manually
    installing. The 300 word limit at adobe support web site is simply not enough
    for someone to
    describe enough details.

    cjt007 Guest

  3. #3

    I'm having the exact same problem.
    skipm123 Guest

  4. #4

    I also have the same problem.
    goldsdav Guest

  5. #5

    :wink;:smile;

    Resolved my problem as follows:-
    In IE click on Tools menu,
    click on "Manage Add-ons
    click on "enable or disable Add-ons
    Look through list of disabled add-ons for Adobe products (2 in my case) and
    set to enable.
    Problem was resolved after this.

    goldsdav Guest

  6. #6

    Same problem here, been fighting it for ever ! Uninstalled, reinstalled 1000 + times, it's a joke ! Has anyone found the solution ? & No, the "manage add-ons" tip was no good either.
    JustinAvgwhtguy Guest

  7. #7

    I'm Keeping It Simple.
    Search for Flash Uninststaller.
    Search for Flash Player Ofline installer (softwarepatch.com)
    Disable ALL Start up Items and Non Microsoft Services, Restart.
    The remove using UninSt, then Install using Ofline Installer.
    TEST in disabled start up items mode.
    Start using FireFox

    Noonski Guest

  8. #8

    Please read through the following forum post. This may be due to the Windows
    system registry:

    [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=44&catid=18[/url]
    4&threadid=1262552&enterthread=y

    Darren McNally - Adobe Guest

  9. #9

    I've followed your instructions bit by bit and still have the same issue. I
    cannot get the Flash Player to work on certain web sites or on Windows Media
    center - all still say I need to install the Flash Player, when it is there!
    HELP!

    pplo Guest

  10. #10

    Uninstalling the new version and installing version 7 might be helpful. See Robert's (user name Canasia_us) post:
    http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/8691/146275.html
    RobertMcDonough Guest

  11. #11

    What adobe products were in your Manage Add-on window? The only adobe product I see in my Manage Add-Ons window is for the adobe reader.
    skipm123 Guest

  12. #12

    After UNinstalling Flash Player 9 via the software provided by adobe to do so,
    I installed VERSION 7 instead of VERSION 9 (CURRENT VERSION) as suggested by
    another Forum responder, and VOILA!, I can now see videos referred to by AOL,
    YOUTUBE and MSNBC. In other words, my problem with viewing VIDEO content has
    been resolved. I no longer get the annoying message to DOWNLOAD MACROMEDIA
    FLASH over and over and over again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    The fact that my problems with viewing video were resolved by going back to an
    OLDER version of the Flash Player (Version 7) tells me the problem resides in
    Adobe's software, not Microsoft's software or "registry".

    See Robert McDonough's email below which states

    Uninstalling the new version and installing version 7 might be helpful. See
    Robert's (user name Canasia_us) post:
    http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/8691/146275.html :grin;

    skipm123 Guest

  13. #13

    Well, I spoke too soon. Most of my video problems are behind me, but there are
    times when I still get the message to download macromedia flash player when I
    click on SOME video icons to view a video. But things are a lot better than
    they were. Going back to using VERSION 7 (instead of 9) was a BIG, BIG help,
    but things aren't PERFECT yet.

    skipm123 Guest

  14. #14

    I was having the exact same problems mentioned in this topic.
    Uninstalled/installed Flash and Shockwave. Used the appropriate uninstaller,
    searched for rogue .dll extension files, cleaned out the
    C:\Windows\System32\Macromedia\Flash files, looked at the manage add-ons,
    posted on this forum, e-mailed Adobe, spoke with them on the phone and even
    uninstalled IE7 and went back to IE 6. None of that helped.

    Reading through some of the responses on various posts, I found the following:

    Uninstall flash with the latest Adobe stand alone uninstaller

    Download Complete Standalone installer Flash Player 9 earlier version from
    http://www.softwarepatch.com/internet/flash.html

    Uninstall shockwave with the latest Adobe stand alone uninstaller

    Download Stand-alone installers for Shockwave Player: previous versions only
    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_18629

    Note: Users of Windows XP operating system must use the 8.5.1 Shockwave player
    or higher. For more information, please seeInstalling the Shockwave Player on
    Microsoft Windows XP (TechNote tn_15924).
    Windows Shockwave Player 9.0.0.434

    I tried this last night - one and then the other one - and they both are
    running fine.

    Hope this helps someone else.

    sheppardwk Guest

  15. #15

    Text IT WORKS !!! :smile; after literally years of fighting this
    problem with no luck at all, I woke up this morning with my own 'fix' in
    mind... Trash my current pc, & buy (yet another) new one ! but, before I did, I
    read the latest posting (e-mail) from Sheppardwk with the standalone
    installers, & that did the trick ! So, the problem, in my mind anyway DOES
    appear to be with Adobe, or their download site, as the standalone d/l does
    work !!! Spread the word, I hope this works as well for everyone else having
    the same problem ! (I KNOW there are thousands out there with this issue
    getting nowhere fast)... Sheppardwk, Thank you !! =o)

    JustinAvgwhtguy Guest

  16. #16

    heya.i got a problem as well.it says i have flash player but wen i go on this
    website stardoll it says i need to install macromedia flash player.i reeally
    need help so please adobe help me.also wen i try to install it says it has dun
    but the site says u need to install macromedia flash player STILL. also the
    forum worked for me once.aint working now.HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    rich_gal Guest

  17. #17

    Smile Re: Installed Flash Player but not working

    Quote Originally Posted by goldsdav View Post
    :wink;:smile;

    Resolved my problem as follows:-
    In IE click on Tools menu,
    click on "Manage Add-ons
    click on "enable or disable Add-ons
    Look through list of disabled add-ons for Adobe products (2 in my case) and
    set to enable.
    Problem was resolved after this.
    This worked, thank you!
    Unregistered Guest